⁷.⁶uncle regulus

1997GRIMMAULD PLACE

1997
GRIMMAULD PLACE

It was quiet.

Not the peaceful type of quiet, nor the eerily type, but the type where you have absolutely nothing to say. An odd, morning type of quiet.

Everyone was still asleep, the sun barely even being out. The four had decided to stay in the same area, all sleeping in the living room. Athena and Hermione had chosen to sleep on the uncomfortable long sofas (though you could barely even call it a sofa as it was 20% cushion and 70% hardness), whilst Harry and Ron slept on the floor.

She was looking through the book that was given to her from Dumbledore's will, seeing as she had nothing better to do. One of the things she noticed was the names were repetitive. Like extremely. At least every decade, there'd be one person with the same name. She was only halfway through the book and she's already seen more than a dozen people with the name 'Arcturus Black'.

Her father had already mentioned this, but everyone was named after stars, or anything related to it. I mean her middle name is Celeste, so that made sense.

Also, this book had been strictly members of the Black family closely. Those who maintained the Black name, or one whose parents used to own the name but had married off into another family - like Draco. Any distant members didn't count, so this had only proved how much the Black Family had been strict on pure blooded families. It wasn't very pleasing to say the least.

Getting bored of seeing the same names, she decided to head to the end. But you see, it was a magical book, so every time one page fills, it magically creates another. Which had probably been the case for her, as the last page on the book had her name and birthdate on it. Below her name was Draco's, which was reasonable as he was younger than her.

She flipped the page, seeing a few familiar names. Nymphadora Tonks, Regulus Arcturus Black, Sirius Orion-

She paused. She looked again, 'Regulus Arcturus Black'. She replayed the name in her head at least five more times, before realising something. R.A.B.

Her eyes widened. She reached over to the bag Hermione had carried, reaching in it. "Where is that bloody necklace..." She muttered, hand moving around the bag.

As her hand found the familiar necklace, she opened the locket, rereading the note. I mean, it made sense to her. It couldn't have been any other person who had the initials R.A.B as she remembered asking her dad about her uncle - who had taken part in the Dark Lord's doings back when he was alive.

He could've been tasked to hide the locket, maybe keep it safe, but he wanted to destroy the locket. But this thought only saddened her, putting a frown on her face. "So he was a good guy..."

"But did he actually destroy the real horcrux?" Hermione asked

"But did he actually destroy the real horcrux?" Hermione asked. The four were gathered around the dining table, looking over the note in the locket.

Athena hummed. "Well, we wouldn't know that for sure. My dad and him had lost contact after her graduated, however-"

Banging interrupted Athena, followed by the sounds of more clattering. The other three had grown alert of this, heads facing towards the door. However Athena already knew of what the source as she stayed seated.

Harry opened the door quickly, grabbing the house elf that was hiding behind. He dragged Kreacher out, pushing him towards the kitchen. "You've been spying on us, haven't you?"

Kreacher hid behind the counter, not answering the boy.

"Kreacher! That's who might know about the locket!" Athena pointed out, standing up and grabbing the locket as she headed towards the house elf. She held the locket by the chain, dropping it to show its gem "Uncle Regulus had another locket, didn't he?"

Though had hid himself behind the counter due to believing Harry would hurt him, the elf had slowly shown himself - somewhat finding comfort in the youngest mistress of the Black Family. "Mistress Athena is correct..."

"Now... What happened to the other one?"

"Kreacher doesn't know."

"But you've seen it- haven't you? It was in this house-" Hermione asked, nearing the house elf. However that only triggered the elf as he began saying rude slurs towards the muggleborn.

Athena stood in front of the two as she passed the locket to Harry - who held it how she previously did. Harry stared at Kreacher. "Answer her."

"Kreacher doesn't listen to commands of those who aren't a part of the House of Black..." Kreacher rambled, turning his head in different directions before looking at Athena, as if asking for her permission.

Athena nodded. "Answer the question."

Kreacher closed his eyes, thinking of the answer. "Yes... It was here... In this house. The most evilest object..."

"How do you mean." Harry asked - well more like commanded for the answer. Again, Kreacher doesn't answer him - backing away as Harry stepped forward.

"It was really powerful..." Athena answered, seeming to be out of focus before turning her stare at Kreacher. "He told you to destroy it, didn't he? Uncle Regulus."

"But why would he tell a house elf to do it?" Ron asked.

"Because he wouldn't trust any other person to do it. House elves are devoted to the house they're serving - so Kreacher here would do anything for the House of Black. Meaning if Uncle Regulus asked Kreacher to destroy it, he would do as his master asks." Athena explained. "They also possess a different type of magic, so there was a chance that elf magic could destroy it."

"But it didn't work... didn't it?" Hermione asked.

Athena shook her head. "Where's the real locket now? Has someone taken it?"

Kreacher made a rambling noise before answering. "He came in the night. He took many things, including the locket."

"Who was it." The female Black asked, well, moreso commanded.

Another rambling noise. "... Mundungus. Mundungus Fletcher."

Athena made eye contact with Kreacher, her face covered with seriousity. "Bring him here."

And Kreacher disapparated.