².⁵rogue bludger

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐
𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

━ ELEVEN O'CLOCK APPROACHED AND MAJORITY OF THE SCHOOL made their way to the Quidditch stadium. The Gryffindor Quidditch team pulled on their robes, listening to Oliver Wood give his pep talk.

"Slytherin has better brooms than us, but we've got better people." He spoke. "We've trained harder than they have, we've been flying in all sorts of weathers-"

"Too true," George muttered under his breath to Athena. "Haven't been dry since August."

Athena laughed softly, turning her head back to the team captain. "-And we're going to make them rue the day they let that little bit of slime, Malfoy, buy his way onto the team." He finished, turning over to Harry.

"I may not be allowed to hit him but at least I can kick his arse in Quidditch." Athena looked over to the twins, referring to Malfoy.

"We know you can." Fred gave her a playful wink.

Athena grinned. "Get to that Snitch before Malfoy, or die trying." The three heard Oliver say to Harry.

"So no pressure." Fred looked at Harry.

Athena patted Harry's back, giving him an enthusiastic grin. The team made their way out to the pitch, the crowd roaring with cheers.

The game had started and players were soaring into the sky. Athena held a tight grip onto her broom, her other hand onto the Quaffle. She made her way to the Slytherin goal, throwing the Quaffle in successfully. She threw her fist up in victory, as she noticed a bludger miss Harry barely. "Careful there Harry!" She yelled out.

She flew on her broom, following other players and trying to steal the Quaffle from Slytherin. She made a quick glance to her right, noticing George give the bludger a powerful whack, making its way towards a Slytherin player, Adrian Pucey, only for it to come back in Harry's direction. She quickly furrowed her eyebrows, muttering a quiet 'What the hell?' before flying off.

During the game, she noticed that one bludger would only try to hit the other players, whereas one other was focused on one person: Harry. She found it very odd, as bludgers were never concentrated on one person. Before she knew it, a time out was called.

The Gryffindor Quidditch team gathered on the ground. "What's going on?" Wood asked. "Were being flattened. Fred, George where were you when the bludger stopped Angelina scoring?"

"Twenty feet up above her, stopping the other bludger from murdering Harry, Oliver," George gritted his teethe, anger in his tone. "Someone's tampered with it. It won't leave Harry alone, it hasn't gone for anyone else all game. The Slytherins must have done something with it. "

"But the bludgers have been locked in Madam Hooch's office since last our practice, and there was nothing wrong with it..." Wood spoke anxiously, the expression visible on his face.

"Well, something's obviously happened." Athena looked back at the team captain, her tone the same as George's. "That thing is most likely trying to kill Harry, Wood."

"Listen," Harry joined in. "With you two flying 'round me all the time, the only chance I get of catching the Snitch is if it flies up to my sleeve. Go back to the rest of the team and I'll take care of the rogue one."

Athena looked at him, scoffing in disbelief. "Harry, no-- That thing could hurt you, or kill you!"

"Yeah, don't be thick," Fred looked at the boy. "It'll take your head off."