⁷.¹⁰separated

1997

1997

They travelled on foot. They travelled for a day or two, to places where horcruxes might hide. But there was none.

It was currently late. Hermione was giving Harry a haircut, Athena was laughing at how ugly he looked. "No offence M, but Harry just looks more foolish with the haircut you've given him."

Harry looked frightened at this statement, while Hermione was giving Athena a look to shut up. "I look what?"

"Nothing Harry! You look amazing!" Hermione stated. "I'm only trimming your hair, not a big difference."

"Y'know, I could've given you a haircut instead." Athena stated, leaning against the wall, Harry and Hermione in front of her.

"And let you cut all of my hair off? No thank you." Harry remarked, scoffing.

Athena rolled her eyes, head wandering to look around. "Hey... who has the locket now?"

"Erm..." Hermione focused on what she was cutting. "Ron does."

"Hasn't he been wearing that the whole day?" Athena asked, however the question was left as Hermione realised something.

"Oh my god!" She stood up, leaving Harry frightened as he thought that Hermione had done the wrong cut.

"What." His hands moved to the back of his, Athena laughing as she followed Hermione.

"I'll tell you in a minute..." She headed over to the bench, towards the books laid out.

"Maybe, you could tell us now." Harry had gotten up as well, towards the two.

Hermione faced them. "The Sword of Gryffindor- it's goblin-made."

Athena knotted her brows. "Uh huhh, where're you going with that?"

"Dirt and rust have no effect on that blade, which only makes it stronger." Hermione explained. The two blinked.

"Righttt..."

"Harry- you've already destroyed one horcrux, right? Tom Riddle's diary in the Chamber of Secrets."

"With a basilisk fang." Harry added, looking at the book. Athena's eyes widened in realisation. "If you tell me you've got one of those in your bag then-"

"No Harry-" Athena stopped the boy, head turning to Hermione. "Hermione you bloody genius!"

Harry looked up. "W-what's going on? I still don't understand."

"Harry, don't you see? In the Chamber of Secrets, you stabbed the basilisk with the Sword of Gryffindor. Its blade is impregnated with venom."

"Which means that it only makes it stronger. We could destroy other horcruxes with it." Athena continued. "That's why Dumbledore left it in your will."