⁷.⁸mental

1997SOMEWHERE IN LONDON

1997
SOMEWHERE IN LONDON...

The plan was simple. Well, that's what Athena thought at least.

All they needed to do was disguise as a ministry worker, use that as an advantage to get inside the ministry, find Umbridge, get the locket, then leave. Simple.

The others thought otherwise though. "Y'know, M, for someone who came up with the plan, you're pretty nervous"

"I did not come up with the plan!" Hermione exclaimed softly, snapping her head to Athena. In front of the two were three unconscious ministry workers, all male. Harry and Ron were currently outside, waiting for the last one in which Hermione was to disguise as.

Athena scrunched her face, as if trying to remember something. "Um, if I remember correctly, you were the one who suggested to break into the ministry and find Umbridge ourselves."

"I wasn't the one who came up with the idea of dressing up as ministry workers!"

Athena's face became dumbfounded. "Oh right. That was me."

"We've got her." Harry stated, causing both Athena and Hermione to turn around, seeing a blond female unconscious - the two boys carrying her by her arms and ankles.

"Great." Hermione stated, bringing out another small bottle contained with a familiar potion. She grabbed a piece of the lady's hair as Harry and Ron placed her down next to the others, placing it inside the polyjuice potion.

She handed the rightful ones to each of them, leaving one for her. "Okay, so remember what I said earlier. Don't talk to anyone unless absolutely necessary, just try and act normal. Do what everyone else is doing. If we do that, then with a bit of luck, we'll be able to get inside. And then..."

"It gets really tricky... right." Harry finished for her. The four then moved into a line, standing next to each other as they looked down on the unconscious folks. "This is completely mental."

"Completely." Hermione agreed, taking a deep breath.

"The world's mental." Ron added.

Athena just turned her head towards her peers, looking at them weirdly. It's either they're the mental ones right now or it's me...

They entered the ministry via toilets, and had met up again within the crowded workplace

They entered the ministry via toilets, and had met up again within the crowded workplace. Though the other three had dressed up as normal workers, the one Athena had chosen to disguise as was one of the guards.

"Oi, Blakely! Where've you been!?" Someone yelled out towards their direction. Athena turned around, looking for whoever had said. As she turned around, she made eye contact with an angry looking fellow, one in the same uniform as her. Athena pointed to herself - well him in this situation - asking if the man was talking to her. "Yes you! Get over here!"

Athena sent a look at the three, before departing with them. "Geez, what's got your knickers in a twist..." Athena mumbled in a low voice, no one being able to hear her.

"Stand in your post with the others!" The man pointed towards the group of people, who seemed to be checking people.

Athena quickly made her way over to one of the men, standing next to him. "Erm, what are we doing again?"

The one she asked just looked at her oddly. "Are you alright there, Jax? We're arresting the muggle-borns inside the ministry. It's what we've been told to do ever since they infiltrated the ministry."

"Ah," Athena understood, moving away from him as she followed his instructions. "Right. Sorry, had a rushed morning and my brain kinda went- and you're not listening. Great."

Athena could only guess that the 'they' he was referring to were the death eaters. From Kingsley's message, and the massive spread of the word mudblood had given it away. It was even on the papers that was being handed out to the workers who were heading to their rightful places.

After a small while of going through the people, checking if they were muggle-born or not, Athena's eyes began to wander. She never really had gotten the chance to as the moment she entered the crowded area, she was forced over by the person who she guessed was her boss.

The main things she noticed were: one, the obvious ocean of people, two, the business of the place and how people had entered almost every ten seconds, and three, the large sculpture behind her.

It was disgusting. Muggles were being sandwiched in the ground, with magical folk on top as if they were superior. It made the girl sick in the head just looking at it. She slowly pulled her head away from the sight, before her ears had picked up something. "It's Harry Potter!"

And there, the faces of friends were seen (as their potions had worn off). "Oh would you look at that, that's my que!"

Athena began to run after them, her body beginning to go back to normal as she felt herself being able to run faster and lighter, shoulders becoming less tightened, and clothes becoming baggy on her. Her hair wasn't previously tied, so the only thing stopping her hair from going to her face was the cap on her head.

She caught up with Harry easily, following his movements as he began to head for the floo connection. She turned her head, looking at the fireplaces. Bars were appearing in front of it in an instant, refraining them from explaining.

She turned around, seeing an old, stern, angular looking man running after them, wand pointed. Athena drew her wand as she ran, aiming a shot at him. It hit his leg, slowing him down. "In there! Now!"

The way they had flooed out of there was pretty rough, practically diving into the fireplace as if it was a pool. They didn't know where this was taking them, but Athena for sure knew that as they reached their destination, it was not going to look pretty.