⁴.¹²fairytale

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒
𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

━ATHENA LOOKED AT THE NEAT BOX LAYING ON HER BED, excitement bubbling within her as she already knew the contents of it. The Yule Ball was tonight, and Athena couldn't be any happier that she actually had attire for the night. 

Pulling the thin ribbon, she opened the package, revealing wrapping parchment on top to protect the dress, then a letter.

Dearest Daughter,

I know you asked me to have Nat or Pepper to pick out your dress, but honestly, you doubt my skills. I picked out your dress (maybe with a bit of help from the two ladies ), and you're honestly going to love it. It's amazing. In the box is your dress, shoes (which honestly scare me, I still don't understand how women walk in those seeing as I've tried to walk on them before and my feet felt like they were under crucio), and a magical camera. I want you to take as many pictures with you and Harry and all your friends, or else I'll hide your secret knives (I know Nat got you another set). Anyways, I love you lots monkey. Have a lot of fun, don't get laid, take a lot of pictures, and thank whoever spikes the punch (if the punch becomes spiked).

Lots of Love,

Your father dearest.

P.S. you better have Harry or Hermione take a pic of you dancing with your date, and you better send that picture to me because you still haven't told me who it is. It better be a handsome, smart and good bloke. No I won't hurt them :)

Athena laughed as she finished reading the letter, deeply thankful for her father. She removed the parchment in the box, placing it aside, then her mouth falling. She hadn't even seen the dress yet, but the shoes were flawless. The items were arranged by the dress folded neatly at the bottom, the shoes lying elegantly on top of it, then the camera next to it. The shoes were simple, yet elegant. The colour of the pointed heels were grey, the texture smooth. It was tall, but not too tall so she liked it. She placed the shoes aside on her bed, the camera following after. Then, slowly and carefully, she picked the dress up. As she stood up, she dropped the dress, holding onto the top part so she could have a better view of the dress.

Sirius was right. She did doubt his skills. The dress was stunning. It matched the shoes, the colour of the dress being a soft grey. The whole dress was lace. It was an off-shoulder dress, the long sleeves being a thin, slightly puffed up layer of normal lace. There was also a layer of lace that had flared under the off-the-shoulders part. A thin belt had gone around the waist, layers of lace below it.

See the bottom of the chapter to see her look.

She was in awe. She loved the dress. It was gorgeous. And she couldn't wait to wear it tonight.

───── ❦ ─────