⁵.¹⁸the veil

1996DEPARTMENT OF MYSTERIES

1996
DEPARTMENT OF MYSTERIES

Hide and seek. A game in which little children would play with their friends. Whether it was at a park, at home, or at school, it was a fun, classic, game. However, it's not fun if you could possibly die when you get caught.

Though, in Athena's situation right now, it's more like 'Hide or you better run and dodge as fast as you fucking can before my spell hits you'. Fun right?

Athena was running, holding Neville's hand as they both shot spells at the Death Eaters running after them. As she shot a spell at the one behind them, the two had crossed paths with the others. Lucky for Athena and Neville, there were no other Death Eaters following them, but there were still in front.

"Reducto!" Ginny yelled, a large light illuminated the dark place, creating a large impact over the place. Due to that, the shelves began to fall, the prophecies were falling, crashing onto the floor as tall shelves toppled over each other.

"Hold on!" Athena yelled, grabbing her friends and keeping a grip on the. With as much focus and energy she could muster up, she teleported herself and the others out of there - the right timing as well as the shelf just merely missed them.

Hearts were beating fast, breaths were being inhaled and exhaled at a quick pace, and adrenaline was rushing through their bones as they got out of the place. As much as Athena loved to her powers, she had to avoid exposing them to anyone other than family or friends - in fear of Death Eaters coming after her or the ministry taking her to question her abilities. But as the Death Eaters had already heard the prophecy - within the ministry building - there was surely no point of hiding it now. She just had to be extra safe.

Athena felt like fainting. Hermione noticed this, her eyes widening as she noticed the girl almost falling. She immediately reacted, holding her before she could fall. "This is why we told you not to teleport all seven of us at the same time! You're even bleeding!"

Athena laughed softly at the girl, vefore placing her hand to her nose, feeling blood drip down. Her eyes were closed but her mouth quirked up into a tired grin.
"I'm fine," She replied lazily, but everyone knew she was lying. Even she, herself, knew she was lying. She felt like she could go into slumber for at least fifty years. Her right forearm had been hit by a thick shard of glass, digging itself into the girl's skin.

The sleeve was ripped, and blood had seeped out from her arm. She scrunched up the damp sleeve up, waving her arm around the deep wound. It wasn't extremely deep to the point where she couldn't move it, but she did feel pain whenever she did move it. "I'm tired and in fucking pain right now, but there are errand minions on the loose and we need to stop them."

Easily, she had regained her normal breathing pattern. "Where are we?" Ron asked, looking around the place. There was a shaded area, right where they were situated, and there was a lit up one. Underneath the light was a stone arch, wispy grey smoke coming out of it as whispers could be heard coming from it.