ˣ.⁹it has begun

2004AVENGERS COMPOUND

2004
AVENGERS COMPOUND

Bruce/Smart Hulk threw a bench out of anger, said item sinking into the lake. However, the rest of the Avengers present (Tony, Thor, Clint and Steve) all paid no mind to it.

"She's not coming back..." The big green spoke softly, voice breaking. "We have to make it worth it."

Steve looked up, a determined look on his face. "And we will."

"How's Athena taking it?" Clint asked, still looking down.

"She's taking it the hardest..." Tony answered. "She's in the training room. She's been there for three hours now. And she hasn't even left for a second."

"Well, what do you really expect?" Bruce joined in. "Nat was like a mother figure to Athena."

She threw a left hook at the training-bot, moving her head to the right.

"Always keep your guard up, yeah? As soon as you throw a punch at their head, expect one to be coming at you after."

She threw another hard one, an uppercut cut followed by her grabbing the dummies head and bringing it down to her knee.

"That's it! Nice punch Fi! Keep it sharp!"

She felt another training-bot coming at her, Athena merely jumping up and spinning in mid-air, kicking the dummy out of the way.

"Exhale, Fi. Always let out an exhale when throwing a punch."

Both bots had gotten back up, now making its way towards Athena. The girl ducked under both their punches, swiftly moving back and standing up to her normal height. She grabbed both the bot's heads, crushing it and letting it fall to the floor.

Her breath was harsh, panting heavily as she glared at two bots, sparks showing as it laid inanimate.

"You really are growing up, huh Fi? You've manage to defeat the master."

Young Athena grinned at Natasha. "You know what they say, where the student becomes the master!"

Natasha laughs at her, getting up off the floor and ruffling Athena's hair. "That only makes sense if the student defeats the master and finds someone else to teach."

Athena blinked. "Oh."

Another laugh left the older woman's mouth. "Maybe, it can be where the students surpasses the master. Now come on, let's go ice those knuckles and get ice cream."

"Okay!!"

Her knees buckled, the girl falling onto the floor. She knelt down onto the grown, feeling her demeanor break. This is what she was avoiding, the tears to finally get to her.