¹.⁴seeker and chaser

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏
𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

━ THE HALLWAYS IN HOGWARTS FLOODED WITH STUDENTS OF ALL YEAR LEVEL, AS IT WAS THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES. Athena, Harry and Ron were now making their way towards their first class. Neville had gone off to his other friends that he made on the train.

"Three minutes! You were up there for three minutes! I don't think anybody has been up there for more than forty seconds!" Ron exclaimed in Athena's face. When the hat yelled out Gryffindor, half of the people in there applauded, but the other half were quiet and whispering.

"Oh har har big deal. Besides, you already said all of this stuff last night so why talk about it again." Athena shot back at Ron, but Ron just shook his head.

"'Thena, you do know what being up there for a long time means, right?" Harry joined the conversation.

Athena nodded. "Obviously, I mean I hate to brag, but the hat just thinks I'm better than both of you." Athena smirked jokingly. The other two boys merely scoffed, shaking their heads as they continued walking.

They soon reached their class and stood there with the group, as a professor had arrived.

"Good afternoon class." The professor spoke, as the class returned their greetings. "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well what are you waiting for? Everyone stand on the left side of their broomstick." Everyone followed her instruction. "Stick your right hand over the broom, and say 'up'."

A chorus of up's was heard across the class of first years. Harry and Athena had no struggles at all as the broom was on their hand on the first 'up'. Athena grinned and looked at Harry, to which the boy returned. 

Soon after that, other students were able to have their brooms on their hands. Ron was struggling to have the broom in his hand as Athena noticed. But after that, the broom had come up and hit Ron in the nose. Athena and Harry burst out laughing as the boy held his nose. "Shut up both of you." He tried to fight the embarrassed smile growing on his face, rubbing the spot that was hit.

"Now once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it, and grip it tight so you won't be sliding off the edge." Madam Hooch instructed. Athena and along the other first years had mounted their brooms. The professor gave the instructions on how to fly on the broom, but as she blew her whistle, Neville's broom began to float. "Mister Longbottom-"

"Neville, what are you doing?" Harry asked Neville in a hushed tone, eyeing the faulty broom.

"Mister- mister Long-!" Neville's broom had flown further up, causing some students, including him, to panic. Athena's instincts came in and immediately helped her friend.

"Neville!" Athena yelled out as she got on her broom and zoomed to catch Neville. She flew fastly, trying to catch Neville but as she was about to catch him, he got caught on a statue. Athena quickly stopped and her fast-flying skills came in, as she caught Neville just before he fell again.

She reached an arm out as he was falling onto the statue below him and caught him by the hand. Athena was strong enough to carry him with one arm and put him behind her. As the both of them were down safe on the ground- though Neville's robes were ruined- Madam Hooch had walked in front of her.