⁷.³⁸ashes

1999TITAN

1999
TITAN

Pain struck Tony as soon as his own weapon was used against him. He felt numb, shaken up, frightened even. He couldn't do anything to counter back. His suit was torn at different places, his mind was in a state of shock and defeat, and there was a literal metal sword through him.

After preventing the titan from snapping his fingers, he was stabbed by a sharp object, hence why he was in this position now.

"You have my respect, Stark." Thanos stated, holding the smaller man by the head. "When I'm done, half of humanity would still be alive." He then released him, walking backwards. "I hope they remember you."

Tony couldn't respond, as the only thing leaving his mouth was blood. He tried to prevent himself from collapsing onto the floor, as the pain was too much to bear.

Thanos brought up his gauntlet-hand, almost closing it to a fist directed at Tony before he was stopped.

"Stop." The titan looked to his right, seeing the sorcerer woken. "Spare his life... and I'll give you the stone."

Now, it seems that they were really at the point of defeat. Where were the others? WHy weren't they fighting anymore? Were they also defeated? Are they alright? Are they dead?

No, he couldn't think of that now. Not when half of humanity's lives are on the line. Sacrifices were meant to be made, and he would mourn their deaths once this nightmare was over.

"No tricks." Thanos mentioned.

Strange shook his head, "no tricks." he repeated.

Thanos then directed his fist at Strange.

"Don't." Tony managed to croak out, but was ignored.

Shakily, Strange gave the stone to the mad titan, watching as he grabbed it, and placed on his gauntlet. It was obvious that once the stone touched the gauntlet, power immediately surged through the titan.

"One to go." He said. Shots were then fired at the titan, but no damage was made, not even a single mark. Both humans looked at the source, seeing Quill flying towards him. Just as he was about to reach the titan, Thanos disappeared within a familiar blue and black cloud.

"Did we just lose?" Tony heard Quill say, yet didn't respond as he tried to cover up his wound with the ice emitting from his suit.

Finishing, Tony looked at Strange, betrayed. "Why would you do that?"

"We're in the endgame now."

Then Tony remembered, "Athena." He tried to stand up, Quill immediately going to help him up.

"Man you're fuckin' injured-"

"Where's Athena?" Tony asked frantically, head moving left and right as he tried to search for the girl.