⁷.¹⁸inside the vault

1998GRINGOTT'S WIZARDING BANK

1998
GRINGOTT'S WIZARDING BANK

'Why in Merlin's name is she walking like that...' Athena thought to herself as she followed behind "Bellatrix" and Ron with Harry and Griphook underneath the cloak. With the way Hermione/Bellatrix was walking, she would surely break her ankles. Not only that, but she almost looked like she was walking pigeon-toed. If it weren't for the fact that she was trying to walk all high and mighty (and her looks), the goblins surely would have realised she was an imposter.

That is... if they hadn't already realised.

Athena watched as Hermione cleared her throat, sounding like her true self. "I wish to enter my vault."

The goblin writing just ignored her, continuing to scribble on the parchment it was writing on. "Identification?" It muttered lowly.

Hermione/Bellatrix raised her chin higher, trying to keep up her act. "I hardly think that'll be necessary."

Athena winced, noticing how the woman still sounded like herself and not Bellatrix. She looked up at the goblin who was in the middle chair, noticing how he stood up. "Madam Lestrange."

"I don't like to be kept waiting." Hermione/Bellatrix stated.

"They know." Athena heard Griphook whisper. "They know she's an imposter. They've been warned."

Athena's palms started to sweat, looking around to inspect the other goblins. To confirm what Griphook had just said, other goblins had slowly lifted their heads up to look at the visible pair in the middle of the room, all looking at them suspiciously.

"What do we do Harry?" Ron whispered, causing Athena to sweatdrop. Looking behind her, she noticed the security guard who was slowly making their way to them.

The goblin from earlier had returned, "Madam Lestrange, would you please present your wand?"

Athena was now holding her breath. "And why should I?" Hermione/Bellatrix asked, continuing a high and mighty façade.

The goblin looked like he was trying hard to keep up a nice act. "It's the bank policy. I'm sure you understand given the current climate."

Hermione/Bellatrix argued. "No! I most certainly do not understand."

Though, the goblin didn't budge. "I'm afraid I must insist."

Athena could see Harry walking towards the goblin, inching near him as she followed. She didn't know what he was doing, but he had a plan so she followed. That is, until she heard him whisper, "imperio".

"Very well Madam Lestrange." The goblin smiled down at her. "If you must follow me."