⁶.²⁷end of year six

1997HOGWARTS

1997
HOGWARTS

"I mean... it can't be that terrible right?" Athena stated, sitting down next to Ron as the four were up in the Astronomy Tower. "He's still in that painting, you can talk to him whenever you want cause of it."

"She has a point..."

Athena scoffed arrogantly. "When do I not?"

Hermione cleared her throat. "Well, I have a list if you'd like me to explain? You want me to? Alright then. There was that one theory you made of a co-"

"Okay! Okay!" Athena interrupted the girl, stopping her from continuing as Hermione giggled. "You didn't have to call me out like that M..."

"Well that's not the only thing I was worried about actually..." Harry murmured, facing the view as Hermione stood next to him.

"...Do you think that he would've done it?" Hermione asked. "Draco?"

Hearing her cousin's name, Athena grew quiet, slowly hugging her bent legs and leaned her chin on top of her knees. Ron had taken notice of this, simply putting a protective arm around her as he didn't question her change in demeanor.

"No." The Potter answered. "No, he was lowering his wand. In the end it was Snape. It was always Snape. And I did nothing." Easing his mind, Harry carefully handed the locket in his pocket to Hermione. "It's fake. Open it."

Opening the locket, a piece of paper was placed in it. Hermione had opened the paper, reading the writing in it. "'To the Dark Lord. I know I will be dead long before you read this, but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that you meet your match. You will be mortal once more. R.A.B.'"

"R.A.B?" Athena questioned out loud, furrowing her brows. She sat up, looking towards the brown haired girl. "Hey 'mione, can I see the paper real quick?"

The girl obliged, nodding as she passed her the paper. She scanned her eyes over the piece of paper, trying to remember why the handwriting on the piece of paper was somewhat familiar. At this, the girl just grew more confused.

"Hey, Har, do you know who R.A.B is?" She asked, her eyes not leaving the paper.

Harry shook his head. "No clue."

"What's wrong Fi?" Hermione asked, noticing the look on her face.

"It's just that... the handwriting, it's familiar, vaguely. I've seen it before." She stated. "But I'm probably wrong... I know someone who was a death eater with the initials R.B, but they're probably different people. Smoldy's death eaters wouldn't betray him..."

"Are they still alive?"

She shook her head, passing the paper back to Hermione as she leaned her head back onto her knees. "No... he died a few months before I was born..."