⁵.⁵surprise

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓

𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

━FROM WHAT MANY STUDENTS HAD NOTICED IN THE PREVIOUS YEAR, Athena didn't have frequent detentions than when she did during her first three years at Hogwarts. However, with the events of last year, she had a reason to not get in trouble a lot; she was helping Harry to get out of a lot of trouble.

However, with the new school year, only the second day into classes and Athena had already received her first one - one with Professor McGonagall.

Sometimes she'd be spending detentions with Filch: cleaning trophies without magic, mopping the dungeons without magic, technically cleaning anything without magic. There were times where she had to sort out items for a professor, and then there were times where all she had to do was write lines or just sit quietly. It was a bore.

However, the girl didn't mind having detention with her favourite teacher. "Minnie?" The girl asked, her feet set on the desktop as she leaned back on her chair.

Without looking up from the papers she was marking, the professor responded. "Yes Athena?"

"Would you want to know an interesting fact?"

"No." She instantly answered.

Athena had stayed quiet for a couple seconds, before asking again. "Would you like to know an interesting fact?"

A sigh escaped the woman's lips, knowing there would be no escape to the girl's question. "Go ahead."

"Did you know that my parents had two important reasons to my name?" Athena told the woman, who had still yet to look up from writing with her quill.

"I'm guessing you want me to ask what those two reasons are?" McGonagall asked tiredly, peering through her glasses as she looked at the girl.

"Correcto mundo."

With a shake of the old woman's head, she asked. "What were those two reasons?"

"Well one, mum named me after the goddess of war. Which is ironic because I was born in a time of war - not to mention I technically fight in wars at some times." Athena explained. "But that's not the main point. The main point is, dad wanted to name me after his favourite teacher."

McGonagall's brows furrowed in confusion as she tilted her head up. "Unless Sirius had gone to another school, I don't recall there being a teacher named 'Athena' to ever teach at Hogwarts during your father's time."

It was Athena's turn to shake her head, getting up as her time in detention was about to finish. "In roman, Athena's name was translated to Minerva."

The professor had immediately felt touched at heart by this, a smile appearing on her face. No matter how troublesome the Marauders were, Professor McGonagall had always had a soft spot for them. "That's- that's lovely."

Exiting the door, Athena looked back at the teacher. "It is, innit? Bye Minnie!"

As Athena left the classroom, Athena could see a figure leaning against the wall next to the door, the tall guy leaning against one shoulder of his crossed arms. "Hi doll."

The girl turned her head to the right, a grin plastered on her face. "Hi Georgie. What are you doing here?"

"I was waiting for you." The red-head answered, removing himself from the wall.

Her grin morphed to an appreciative smile. "That's cute, thanks." She answered. She then linked her arm to his left, the two walking away from the classroom. "But I know there's another reason cause you know I can handle myself."