⁶.¹¹bullets

1996SOKOVIA IN THE AIR

1996
SOKOVIA IN THE AIR...

She could feel the exhaustion creep upon her body.

After escorting another civilian onto the carrier, she stood near the front, looking around for more civilians. From what she had seen, there was a boy, but it seemed as if her Uncle had already seen him.

Buildings were broken, grey smoke emitted from the fires across, and the ground littered of broken cars, concrete or street lamps. It was a terrible sight. But, at least there was one good thing in that moment.

They were almost done.

There were barely any other citizens in the city, Pietro making sure of that. Wanda was still back at the church and she could see her Uncle Steve and Thor in front of one of the carriers. She didn't know where the other four Avengers were though.

But what happened next caught her off guard. She could hear the sound of guns shooting loudly in the distance. Looking up, she sees one of their jets being flown, however, she didn't know who was flying it. Her only guess would be Ultron. She turned her gaze around, checking to see if there was anyone who could possibly get hurt in that process.

Shit. The jet was going towards Clint's direction, and the man could sense it too. She saw her uncle take a protective stance, shielding the boy to sacrifice himself. However, as it got closer, she could see Pietro's figure. This isn't good.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion. Gun machinery was shooting down on the ground fastly, Clint was ready to sacrifice himself, and Pietro was also doing the same. In order for no one to die, she had to think and act quickly.

She had to find the right time to teleport, so that the four would be able to get out of there in time. There was no way for her to control time, or go back in time in this situation. So in order for this to workout, she had to pick the right timing.

I can't go any later, but I can't go back in time either... so the best time to go would be... now.

In a blue cloud, she disappeared. The bullets were inching closer. She pushed Pietro - who had just stopped, landing near Clint and the boy. Athena hissed loudly, feeling a thick bullet hit the back of her left hip, but that didn't stop her. She could feel her body slowly slow down, but she still managed to push Pietro enough that he had put his arms out, holding onto Clint and the boy. She gripped Pietro's shoulders, and in a blink, they disappeared within the same blue cloud.

They teleported near the carriers. As soon as they landed there, Athena could feel her body slowly distinguish its ability to stand. Pain and exhaustion were the only two things she felt at the moment. The feeling of two bullets digging into her hip and waist rang through her body, blood seeping from it. And so, all she saw was pitch black.

The two male adult's eyes widened at what had just occurred. Pietro had brought his arms out to catch the unconscious girl before she had fallen onto the floor. As his arms made contact with her waist, he could feel a thick-yet-thin consistency of liquid cover his hands.