⁶.¹⁵three broomsticks

1996HOGWARTS

1996
HOGWARTS

"I have to admit," Ron started. "I thought I would've missed that last one."

"Well," Athena clicked her tongue, a smug grin on her face as she looked at Hermione. "It's a good thing that you didn't."

Ron let out a small laugh. "I hope Cormac isn't taking it too hard. He's got a bit of a thing for you, Hermione. Cormac."

Hermione narrowed her eyes at Athena, going back to normal as she looked at Ron. She then looked back at the Daily Prophet paper that she was holding. "He's vile."

The four were in the common room, Ron was still enjoying the fact that he got into the team, Hermione was reading the Prophet, Harry was reading his potions book, and Athena was sitting in front of the fire, her wand pointed towards the fire as she casted a spell for small fire-proofed dolls to make them walk through the fire.

Harry leaned over to Hermione, showing her a page on the book. "Have you ever heard of this spell? Sectumsepra?"

"No, I haven't." Hermione answered. "And if you had a shred of self-respect, you'd hand that book in."

"M, I highly doubt he'll be doing that anytime soon." Athena turned around, now facing the three.

"Yeah, I mean, he's top of the class." Ron added. "Slughorn thinks he's a bloody genius!"

Hermione glared at Ron. Athena snickered.

"What?" Ron asked.

Hermione got up from her spot, nearing Harry. "I'd like to know whose book that was. Let's have a look."

Harry moved away, closing and hiding his book. "No."

"No?" Athena now looked like she was about to laugh. She'd never seen Harry so protective about an item before. Sure he's been protective about some sort of food or such, but never a book. You might think he might've been reading or looking at something he's not supposed to. "Why not?"

"The binding is fragile." Harry said defensively, now standing up. Athena now fell onto her back, a few laughs escaping her mouth at how stupid and defensive he was. Couldn't he see that Ginny was behind him?

"The binding is fragile?" Hermione scoffed in disbelief.

"Yeah." Like how the Black had predicted, Ginny had snatched the book from behind, moving away.

The tall girl opened that book. "Who's the Half-Blood Prince?"

"Who?"

"It says 'Property of the Half-Blood Prince'."

Athena whistled. "Probably smoldy. Wasn't he a half-blood?"

"He is?" Ron looked at the girl, who was now sitting back up. She nodded. "I don't think he would've named himself that though."