Pg. 15

On Saturday Lydia came over early and that was not an unusual thing much less as she had time off and wanted to spend all the time she could with Damon. She had been coming over as she got off work and spending all the time she could with Damon as he was leaving and she didn't know when she would see him next.

Natasha heard her say to her brother, "Oh, Damon I know I want a better future for us but you are not gone and I miss you already." She was going to miss her brother too; he had been her protector practically her whole life and now......

Her mother had bought the tonic from a friend who didn't charge her. She wondered how it was going to feel being stared at by so many eyes of hungry-for-sex men. Her stomach churned and she ran to the bathroom because she couldn't take it. When she came out of the bathroom her brother was nearby, "Natasha, are you alright?" "Yes, I just think I may be coming down with something, don't worry." 

Her mother, she knew, had taken the money, Mr. Maximillian had given her, for the work she did after-hours work and placed it with the rest of the money for Damon but that still had not been enough and she still had to give herself at the auction. 

She had never met the brothers or the 'princes of the mansion' as the girls called them but she had seen photos of them in the different photos they appeared in as they modeled in different magazines and sometimes in commercials and they did look so handsome. She had never met them but it wasn't because she didn't want to but because her mother didn't want her to.

Carminia didn't want Damon to know how the rest of his money was found and for this reason, she was going to wait until he left with Lydia on their date and then she would tell Natasha to bathe in some fragrant waters and dress up in something pretty. And like clockwork about two hours later she heard Damon yell out, "Mother, I will see you later," "Bye Mrs. Edevane." She went and found Natasha and told her what was on her mind.

"Mother, they will take off my clothes, they don't look at my clothes, my friend who was sold by her father who is a drunk said that a doctor checks you out to see if you are disease-free, then sometimes they pass you to a dentist to check your mouth and then to the auctioneers who ask you to strip down to your bra and panties and place a number on you. They walk you up on the platform where the bidding begins and if one of the bidders asks the auctioneer to remove the panty or bra or both to get a better look and such bidder is of high class, they will do it for him in a private room."

"When did you talk to her?" "Last night, she said the only people permitted the luxury of seeing who they are bidding on completely naked in a private room are high-class bidders."

Carminia hoped her daughter did not notice that she had taken a breath of relief because now she knew her daughter being a virgin would be exhibited in front of the higher class first and one of them was surely to buy her and although she was still being sold at least it wouldn't be to some drunk.