Pg. 20

His life was going to change and it all had to do with the sweet creature he had just bought, the girl for she was not yet a woman. Just looking at her it was as if her eyes had pierced into his heart and like a flame torch started to melt the ice that had encased his heart years ago.

She looked so delicate and soft and fragile but at the same time, she looked well-kept and someone of morals and manners. He wondered, who would need money so much that they saw it fit to sell her? Who would be such a low-life and do away with such a beautiful girl? 

When he found out because that was one of his intentions, whoever the person was their end, would not be a good one. What will happen when he finds out that it is the cook that he has lovely banter with whenever she is at his house? And what surprise would it be to him and all the other brothers when they found out that she had a daughter and all she needed to do was ask and they would have helped? 

That would destroy the relationship that had already been destroyed as when she knew she didn't have to sell herself when all her mother had to do was open her mouth to ask for help.

After dinner and some dialogue, they decided to have a night of it and head home. Octavian was thrilled the night was over with his brothers, although he had fun, he could not wait to arrive home to see if Natasha had been delivered. He wanted to see her, and something in him attracted her to him so he also needed to see her.

His brothers went did the same but for different reasons, they each went directly to see if their bitches had come except Edmondo who went to bed. Unlike him, his brothers left instructions with the auctioneer for their women to be tied in the bottom rooms but not Natasha. He wanted her to feel welcome and be comfortable.

He ran up the stairs two at a time, he could sense she was already there by the soft scent of the residue of whatever perfumed bathwater she bathed in before going to the auction which made him want to know much more about the person who took her because they took care of her. They took care up to the point of selling such a beautiful piece of art and that is the act of a coward.

Knocking on the door and in his strong manly voice, he asked, "Can I come in?" she, on the contrary, had a small delicate, and soft voice, and replied, "Yes you may." When he entered her startled eyes met his. "Natasha, you need not worry about me and you need not take the pills you have in your hand besides I don't think you were going to take them, otherwise you would have taken them by now."  

She was surprised but tried not to let it show because how did he know she had cyanide pills with her? Did he also know where she had hidden them on her way to the mansion? If he did, she would be so embarrassed.