Pg. 169

All those at the reception were waiting for Natasha to just set fire to Rebekah and let her burn to ashes but she wanted her to suffer just like she had made so many suffer in her years and that is when she came up with such a punishment for Rebekah, a merciless one, one that she could feel and she could suffer and besides she was not going to get her ashes all over her beautiful wedding dress, oh no, not her wedding dress.

Everyone including Octavian and his brothers was left open-mouthed as they had stood there watching his bride and their new sister holding Rebekah up as she did by her neck. They didn't know she had that much power and many throughout the ballroom commented on the same besides on the way she showed mercy on Rebekah by not showing everyone her death although showing everyone that she was dying slowly and everyone was happy with that as they were sick of her.

"My love, how were you able to do that?" "Baby, questions later now we enjoy our special day and if you look around our day is filled with love for many more and that is what I wanted. Our love is so much that the glow and sentiment of it have spilled over into the room where others have been able to partake of it and many are becoming the couples they would not have become if they were not here."

As Octavian looked around, he could see couples dancing and talking that he had never seen together. He especially noticed how his cousin was talking to Alaric, and knew what that meant. He knew of Sergiu and Valeska so that didn't surprise him but when he saw Bellvan with Anastasia that did surprise him. Just then Vladimir came to him and asked him if it was right to ask for Kajetana's hand now that the situation with Rebekah was out of the way. Octavian permitted him and said to give him a couple of minutes so that he could get to the DJ so they could put on the music.

When Vladimir made it to the front Natasha situated Kajetana to the circle in the middle by calling her to tell her something. When she was there Octavian called her and she asked Kajetana to wait for her there, just then the light was turned on, and in Natasha's place was Vladimir on his knee.

"Kajetana, I have loved you since I saw you but was too afraid to say anything. I saw how you came and left, and every time you did, it was like a knife to my heart because it hurt so much watching you leave but this time, I cannot bear you leaving. Kajetana, will you make my heart as well as me happy and join your heart with mine for the rest of our lives? Will you marry me?"

He opened a black ring box and presented her with a beautiful ring if she said no, Nikolaj told Edmondo he would accept the marriage proposal just so that he could sell the ring.