Chapter 3

The 'princes' could not believe the number of people that were there on that night. As they took off their drink, they heard the auctioneer start. "Welcome, welcome, on this night you will be very happy with our selection. First, up will be the virgins, they have been checked by our doctor and have been given a clean bill of health and to what he can decipher they are virgins but, on this night, we also have a treat for you, a baby virgin, never touched by a man and from what we have been told nor has ever had a boyfriend maybe her lips are also virgin, only the lucky one who wins her will be able to know and keep in mind that she will be going for a pretty penny."

The brothers looked at each other at the last phrase of that maybe her lips might also be virgin as they knew some of the men in the room just might believe something so backwoods as such. "Remember, anyone who wants to see the goods completely naked will have to pay extra for a room, no exceptions!!!"

But Octavian did have to say that when he heard the words 'a baby virgin' his ears perked up. That was of interest to him. He would have to be at attention when they bought her out because the human eye and knowledge compared to that of theirs were very different and only, he could detect for sure if she was truly a virgin.  

"The bidding is over on this girl, and now for what you have been waiting for, our baby virgin." When Natasha heard what they were calling her, she cringed and almost threw up. She hoped her mother had left and wasn't watching this show. She felt like a piece of meat on display at the butcher's shop as the ladies came in to inspect it to buy.

Like a piece of meat, the master had to offer his prize dogs and the bidders were that pack of hounds waiting for their prize meal, much farther from the truth those words could not be for exactly that reason Delacroix clan were there.

Standing on the platform the tonic was working and she was oblivious to everything around her except to the fact that she had the two cyanide pills that gave her comfort. The auctioneer could be heard in the back of the room as he rang out, "She has never been touched by a man and has never even had a boyfriend......"

When Octavian saw her standing on the platform, he could tell the truth this time had been spoken, she indeed was a virgin and he wanted her for that because there was something about her that right now, he could not pinpoint. 

His heart, which had been a piece of ice for eons, suddenly started to feel a warmth once his eyes fell on her. Could this virgin be the mate he has waited for, for so long? The mate that has taken centuries to finally appear? Is it even possible?

Maximillian looked at Octavian as he felt the disarray in his mind and for the first time, he didn't know what was happening to his brother he just knew that it was something nice because of the twinkle in his eyes and the smile on his face.