Pg. 71

Natasha asked him about his past relationship-wise since he had already told her about the crazy, he killed that's when he knew he had to tell her about Rebekah and what had occurred between them although it wasn't a relationship, he knew Rebekah and she would say something to make it seem that they had, had a relationship.  

He let her know that the interest Rebekah had in him was not an amorous one but it was her way of thinking that by marrying him she could have formed an allegiance with his family and slowly started taking control over the different clans as she would be a princess of the Delacroix clan.

But his brothers and he saw what she wanted besides the fact that he had no interest in her and he turned her down, she didn't like it very much and vowed she would go to the Judges with some made-up lie but by then Maximillian had already sent word to them of what was happening by way of taped recorded conversations and they didn't believe her and have had their eye on her ever since.

Then he told her that later on, he would tell her more because right now as this was a big event in both their lives and she was a newborn, she needed to learn the names of the Judges of the Council, especially with the ceremony drawing near. 

That was a very important part of becoming united with him as he was a prince of the Delacroix family. At the ball, she would be introduced to the heads or the Sires of the clans so that was not a big deal.

"Natasha, as my wife and princess of the Delacroix family, you will need to know the names of the Judges of the Council, and I will help you with that. The council is composed of 8 judges, 7 men, and 1 female. When one seat is vacated it is because they have been killed and the next person in line to be Sire in their clan will be the one who takes their chair, there is no voting of any type."

"The head Judge or domineering Judge who puts an end to all decisions when no decision can be made is Judge Cassius, the next in order is Judge Blair, then Judge Hearst, Judge Deacon, Judge Trenton, Countess/Judge Elizabeth, Judge Serbian, and lastly Judge Exeter. The Judges Cassius, Blair, Hearst, Deacon, and Trenton have had their seats since the council started and to give you an idea about how long that has been, they all saw my mother born and grow as Hearst was the groundskeeper in the castle and Trenton also helped."

"With this knowledge, you can see some of us have the ability to be out in the sun without any problem, my brothers and I also can but because Edmondo hasn't mastered being around humans and controlling his needs we stay indoors." "Octavian, you said Countess Elizabeth?"

"Yes, Natasha, Judge Elizabeth was a countess before she was turned, the story goes that she was outside in her garden tending to it and a newborn came and caught her by surprise and if it had not been for her husband, they would have killed her, in the struggle as many more came, they killed her husband as he told her to run."