Pg. 76

After the ceremony was out of the way and Natasha and Octavian's special night, which was the wedding, was over with his family or should it be said, their family, after finding out how they had 'met', had a surprise in store for her mother.

When in the middle of the night the 'monsters' come out to play a viper would be sent to play with her like the snake she was when she bit the hand of the sweetest person she had by her side. They would take care of her brother Damon at a later date. All this was done without the knowledge of either Natasha or Octavian.

A viper would be sent to slither up her leg and suck from it to let her know that Natasha is now the princess of the land. A land which she only thought existed but now she would be shown it did exist. Whispering in her ear after it had bitten her lip that she was nothing in comparison with her daughter.

Ambrosine, his great-great-aunt, had the power to know what was in Octavian's mind to a certain degree and this is how she had seen who Natasha's mother was and what she had done to her.

That was something she disapproved of no matter how much she needed the money. She had been a human mother with monetary needs before becoming a Countess and never would have done such a thing to her daughter.

She had tagged along with the other women saying she needed a dress but that was just an excuse to find Carminia as she had a mental picture of what she looked like and when she saw her walk by the clothes store and look in the window, she knew then what she was going to do and when she was going to do it. This woman would have to pay for what she did because although Octavian found that sweet girl because of Carminia's actions, that did not excuse her.

Later on, Carminia did enter the store, she could not help herself, and as she was walking around in the store Ambrosine, who could also direct a person's thoughts and put images into their mind did just that. As she got near Carminia, she let her see the thoughts the men were having of her daughter as she stood almost naked on the podium at the auction. 

She had not shed tears for Natasha but the words and the images were so ugly and so strong that the tears came by themselves and she dropped what she had in her hand and ran from the store, she could not take it. How could she do that to her daughter? How? And now she would be alone just as the voice in her head was saying, where was that voice coming from? Who was in her head? oh, fuck what had she done?

Carminia saw a bottle of sleeping pills and reached for them, she could not live with what she had done and would leave it. Drusilla and Caleta who were Octavian's paternal aunts and who also knew what had happened with Natasha by talking to Ambrosine decided that Carminia would not have an easy way out of this world and made sure each pill in the bottle turned into small yellow vipers. When she opened the bottle she screamed and dropped the pill bottle and when she did the small vipers disappeared into thin air and in their place on the floor was a large black one.