Pg. 24

"In the meantime, I will make sure to let your brothers know what is going on and not to mishandle her in any way. I hope she is the one your heart is mated to because I know how much you want to be mated, like all of us who don't want to spend all of our years spending them alone in loneliness I should know as being the oldest, congratulations, dear Octavian." "Thank you, Max"

He decided that before she finished her bath, he would pick flowers from their garden and make her a bouquet. He wanted her love and he wanted to go about it the usual regular way, he could use spells and other things to make her fall for him but he didn't want that. He saw that her heart had felt something for him and he wanted to keep that going but the regular way. As Maximillian said, if she was his mate, she would ask him to turn her, he would not force her.

Something told him that her favorite color was purple just by the clothes she had on when he saw her as such, he picked from all the beautiful purple flowers they had in their garden, a garden that Mrs. Carminia had made to make the place look like home, Edmondo had asked her to. Possibly because it reminded him of their mother. He made them into a bouquet, and upon hearing the water from her bath closing he rushed to put them into her room before she came out.

He could somehow feel the droplets of water falling from her body which meant that she was coming out of the bathtub. He ran up the stairs and placed the bouquet on a cement table against the wall as he didn't have time to find a vase and he walked out before she walked out of the bathroom and found him in the bedroom. The aroma of his cologne and she smelled it and smiled.

She had been thinking about him as she soaked in the tub thinking how was it that she felt so connected to this man whom she just met. He had been so kind to her and what she thought he would take from her, he did not, he had not even hinted at anything. 

Her virginity had always been something she held in high esteem and even now although she had feelings for this man, she would like to maintain herself a virgin until the day they married, give him herself as a prize that he won, that she is only his. Would it turn out to be this way, or was he just being nice to take her? What would her mother say when she saw her there? Would she tell them that she was her daughter or keep it a secret?

He came knocking on the door waking her from her thoughts, "Natasha, are you ready to see the kitchen?" "Yes," he took her arm and wrapped it around his, this time she did not flinch nor tremble except look at him with her beautiful eyes and smile telling him, "Thank you for the beautiful flowers," and she kissed him on the cheek.

"How did you know it was me?" "Because for some reason as in the form of a mirage, I could see you picking the same flowers that I saw on the table, I thought I was crazy, guess not." He knew what it was but right now was not the time to say anything, it was too early but what she said showed him, letting him know for sure that she was the one for him, she was his mate.