Pg. 21

"Natasha, how do you find your bedroom?" "But I thought that you bought me to...." He took her by the hand, "Natasha, come sit," during all this time she had been standing up. She had been dreading the worst. 

As he held her hand, he could feel it tremble and knew what she was thinking, knew what she thought was going to happen. "No Natasha, I just want you to sit next to me, that is all," she did so, and when she did it was with her head lowered. A stance that many slaves took in front of their masters. She was not his slave; she would never be his slave.

He took her by the chin again his sixth sense could perceive not only how her hand trembled but also how her body tensed and trembled, "Natasha, you need not fear me, if I were going to do something to you, I would have brought you home myself as my brothers went out on the town and we would have had this place to ourselves. No, I just want you to lift your head up so that I can look at you, you are a beautiful girl and should not have your head lowered before anyone. You are not my slave, and I did not buy you for sexual pleasure I bought you so no one else would do things to you."

She lifted her head; he saw her beautiful eyes and again felt she had pierced his heart. Something was awakening in him that had been dead for centuries, only this time she also felt something but didn't know what nor why. Never did she ever have feelings for a man.

He remembered years ago he had loved someone her very much but she took it upon herself to go and chase and kill whomever and whatever she saw. They were getting noticed, even the Council stepped in. They tied her up, and she got loose until finally, it had been decided to dispose of her and since she was his, he had to do it as his blood was the one that flowed through her veins when she was turned.

But she was not his mate, she was just someone whom she enjoyed hunting with or passing the time with once in a while and they did have fun and when it came to fucking, she drove him crazy. 

But he knew she wasn't his mate when he did not agonize with the thought of killing her and he didn't suffer excruciating pain when he killed her. If she had been his mate, he knew it would have been much harder to even think of killing her, and much harder to do it. 

With Natasha things were different, they had not even touched lips nor consummated any type of sexual relationship and yet he felt a deep feeling for her, a feeling that she was his and no one was to touch her. 

As if she is the one who has appeared to appease the monster in him. The one that will be by his side and will never leave him, the one that he has waited for, for centuries, the person that will continue to warm his heart with her love and be his, and then the word entered into his mind......MATE.

It seemed as if two hearts from different inner worlds had been pierced by the look of their eyes at the same time that the word MATE entered into his mind, they both looked at each other.