Pg. 104

The Judges saw the pained look on Palmaria's face but did not know why Natasha on the other hand knew that it was because the voice on the call was her little brother, Aziel whom Palmaria herself turned so no one else would. She didn't want to leave him behind in their home and by turning him he could stay with her and she could keep him safe. She thought he would be safe but now Rebekah had used him to punish Palmaria because she found out Palmaria was leaving her clan with her little brother to join Nikolaj's covet. Now it would be certain death for him.

Alaric also knew that the voice on the call was that of the child who would spend time with him riding horses when he was around. One thing the Judges noticed was the nervous tone of the child as if he were being pushed to read a message written, not of his own doing. He was only a boy of 8 years old and Palmaria's only living relative. Alaric could see the tears in her eyes and he saw how she was going to get up and beg for his life but before she did, he did.

"I stand in front of the Council as a man stripped of the name of Sire as I am asking for a favor for a dear friend. Judges, the voice on the tape if you heard well was spoken with a nervous tone as if he had been held by the neck by someone, I cannot say by who, but the voice is of an 8-year-old vamp who can be manipulated by anyone. If they were to tell him they are going to kill his sister as she is the only one he has in this world, if he doesn't do as told he will do whatever it is he is put up to do. I beg that you forgive him in my name as he did not know what he was doing and so that this does not happen again you place both his sister and him in my clan."

The Judges huddled and after some talking Judge Trenton spoke, "Alaric, you have never failed the Council nor when you have been sent before the Senate, as such, we will grant you this favor," Tansia could see how her friends' tears kept flowing to the ground as she heard the verdict of the Judges. "And we would like for you to take Cirino, Maximillian, and go to the Inn and bring all of Palmaria's things and her brother and his things, until the day you return home after the wedding, they will stay here in the mansion so that this doesn't happen again."

Alaric said, "Thank you, kind Council, as soon as Maximillian and Cirino get ready I will leave to the Inn to pick up the boy and their belongings." Palmaria went to each Judge and with tears flowing kissed each of their hands without looking up at them because with what had happened, she didn't think she was worthy, "dear," Judge Elizabeth told her as she lifted her head, "you did not do this, nor did your brother, we know who did but unless there are photos or someone who saw her force your brother, we cannot punish or banish her, so lift her head you will now be far from her."

Just then they both heard a noise and it was Cirino, Maximillian, and Alaric on their way to the Inn to pick up the most important thing to her heart, her little brother because she didn't care about her things, just her little brother.