Pg. 93

Judge Cassius saw the happy couple dancing so he went off to say goodbye to everyone as he saw that the ball was winding down and everyone was leaving, returning to the Inn to rest before possibly returning home the following day. Many would come back for the wedding, and others decided to make this witnessing of a mate a vacation and were going to spend the time at the Inn until the wedding.

"Natasha, I want to commend you for the way you conducted yourself when Sire Rebekah tried to make a fool of you in front of your future husband, our prince, and all here. You did as no newborn has ever done and have stood up to a Sire especially one that you knew had a past with Octavian. You did very well and you showed us that you will be a strong adversary, a very good princess, and an excellent queen when the time calls for it. I bid you both a goodnight as I retire to my bedroom." He kissed her on the cheek and smiled as he slowly walked towards the stairs. Natasha was happy at hearing what Judge Cassius had to say to her.

Outside, although time had passed, Rebekah was still furious, she could still not comprehend how Natasha dared to do what she had done. Who was she to make her feel so small and who was she to make her look bad in front of all the other Sires and the Judges? In just a couple of minutes, that bitch made her feel like she was the newborn and she already was the queen of the clans. Rebekah was not going to have it.

Judge Hearst asked to speak with Maximillian because he didn't want to pull Octavian away from his duties of saying farewell to everyone as this was now one of his duties and mated prince of the Delacroix mansion and now everything he did would be under scrutiny.

"Maximillian, princess Natasha," Maximillian looked at Judge Hearst with surprise because Natasha wasn't married to Octavian yet and also because the Judges wouldn't call them by their titles unless it was at a royal function.

"Yes, Maximillian you heard right, Princess Natasha, we decided to bestow the title unto her although they are not married yet because after seeing the way she reacted to Rebekah we see she is ready. It was very commendable the way she stood up to her without a nerve in her body. But you do know this will bring Rebekah's wrath and I want your brothers and you Natasha to prepare for whatever it may be. We don't want Octavian to get involved because although we bestowed the title to Natasha as princess of the Delacroix clan, he already is a prince of the Delacroix clan, and his actions will be scrutinized by such a title and punished by it as well."

Judge Blair joined them, "Maximillian, we do not want anything to be ruined because what we saw today is that under the rule of Octavian and Natasha, there will be a strong and long-lasting unity between all clans, for that reason we have decided that on the upcoming ball when the red moon rises Judge Cassius and Elizabeth will name them King and Sire of the Delacroix Clan and her, his Queen."

Judge Exeter saw that Judge Blair and Hearst were talking to Maximillian and Natasha and came over, "I have also seen Maximillian by watching Natasha's actions here today, she will not be someone who will be pushed or manipulated by anyone and that is what we have needed and wanted. She has a strong will and inner fight that your mother had. Being in the house I have noticed the kindness and care she shows and how well she treats others especially the elderly. Those are some of the best qualities a person in her position should have. Octavian has found someone who is his equal and at the same time has captured so many hearts in just one swoop."