Pg. 50

"Maximillian said something about a mating ceremony, what is that?" "My love, the reason that you feel love for me in such a short amount of time as I for you is that we are mated and that is why you also saw the visions that you did when I kissed you and as prince of the Delacroix clan the other members of the other clans are invited to see that you are have been turned as my betrothed."

"And let me explain something to you, although I don't think I have to but my love after I turn you, you are not going to suddenly go crazy for the desire of wanting blood as the movies portray or have superhuman powers. You won't acquire a desire for blood until you have tasted mine and that won't be until the betrothment ceremony where you will drink from the Delacroix grail which will contain my blood. Upon drinking it, you will have shown everyone that I have turned you and you are my mate for only my mate would be able to drink my blood and think it's delectable." She looked at him and smiled thinking that to her all of him was delectable.

"You know that you cannot tell anyone what you now know because now not only can we be in danger but also you." "But Octavian, who would I tell? I am in this mansion alone," "Yes, you are but you are not a prisoner, and you may go out wherever you want with Mrs. Edevane if you desire or you can have Lawrence take you to visit a friend or go to the shops, I don't know my love but just like Maximillian said, we keep everything to ourselves, we have never let anyone know what we are, I'm sure Lawrence suspects but I don't think Mrs. Edevane does."

"But enough about that my love, we will need to find you a gown for that day which should be as soon as Maximillian gets confirmation from the families. But tonight shall be the night on which you enter my world, how I have longed for my mate to appear and all this time I never knew that she existed right here. I would have gone on with my life alone and without the love of my mate if I had not gone to that auction and now, I don't know if to hate and curse the woman who took you there because she sacrificed such a precious gem or kiss her feet because by taking you there, she delivered happiness and joy to my life."

He held her face in his hands and kissed her with such passion at the delight he had inside to know that soon he would have her next to him in all ways. "I think that I should hold my anger and kiss her hands to be the one to bring you to me."