Pg. 32

The breeze had picked up some and he suggested that they entered. "Come, let me introduce you to my brothers, and then I will show you the mansion, your home." They found Maximillian in the library as he was always reading some books, he enjoyed reading.

He had long black hair and beautiful teal color eyes, she could not tell if he was tall because he was sitting down but he sure looked as if he was. He had rings on almost all of his fingers and dressed nicely.

The way he would look at you was as if he were throwing an arrow at some game in the woods, it was piercing. She trembled in his presence as if she were standing in front of royalty and she didn't know why.

Later she would learn that the Delacroix clan were from the Delacroix Brood from England, their Sire was Victoire Delacroix before being turned and forming the brood she was a princess in England. She was their mother; she had been in love with the eldest son of one of the dukes and she turned him afterward which they had Maximillian, Dario, Cirino, Octavian, and Edmondo.

The queen herself the boys had learned had been the one who sent a group of her court to set on fire the house they lived in thinking the complete family, their parents, and the five boys were in the house, she did not know the boys were hunting or that her daughter already formed a brood and that is when they and the brood took revenge and then spread out, so as not to get caught and killed.

That is part of the past that Maximillian had told Octavian he would have to tell her and a small part of what she had seen when he kissed her.

"Maximillian, I would like you to meet Natasha, my love, my big brother, Maximillian." "It's a pleasure Maximillian." And she curtsied him as they do with kings and queens. Maximillian looked at Octavian as a way of letting him know that she might have been the one.

"Dear, no, no, I am no one for you to do such, now tell me how my brother has been behaving?" "He is a sweetheart, and I thank him for his kindness." "My dear, excuse me for asking this in front of Octavian but you do not seem to be a problem and my two other brothers say you were cooking a storm in the kitchen and afterward left it spotless, so I've been scratching my head that taking all that into account including your values and morals, why would someone take you to sell?"

As he asked her, her heart felt like someone was crushing it. She remembered Octavian had asked her the same question and she sidestepped the question but she could not anymore. If she were to have a relationship with him, he would have to know all about her, especially how it came about that she ended up in that forsaken place.

She so wished she could answer the question without tears falling but she knew she could not because she already felt them forming and felt them touching the edges of her eyes. But she mustered all the strength she had inside and decided to tell them to keep her mother's name out of it because she didn't want her mother to be without a job.