Chapter 10

Everything was coming out great. Her new brother-in-laws had talked to her and told her that under no circumstances did they want her to call them by that 'title.' They expressed to her that they considered her their sister and as such would like to be treated as her brother without the in-law added. 

They also let her know in a small non-ceremonial meeting that whenever something may happen they will always be there for her. Then as jokesters, they told her that in case she noticed Octavian and she was not mated she could try one of them to see if she could be their mate. At which of course Octavian who was next to her didn't like the idea.

Atanasya, his grandmother let Natasha know the family would be taking the time to talk to her before the wedding to let her know a little more about the family and she liked that because that's what she wanted to know. She didn't care if he was of noble blood or if he was rich or any of that what she wanted to know was about the core of the family dynamics. Only his grandparents and uncles and other 'older' family members could tell her what she longed for, to know the family, so to speak.

Natasha wanted to know about Victoire, their mother, and Rowan, their father. How did they get turned? Yes, Maximillian and Octavian had told her some of the story but she knew that had to be more. She had learned that in some cases you can be turned by a newborn or in other cases by a newborn sent by someone from a Coven who has been watching and doesn't want to get caught as Rebekah had done to Judge Elizabeth.

The day Henrick his uncle talked to her, he let her know that a vampire from a faraway Coven was going through the land and saw Victoire outside. She was a human at that time. He fell in love with her and would watch her all day and night from a tree. In essence, he stalked her, on one of these days he was watching her, he saw her with Rowan, who was the eldest son of one of the Dukes on the castle grounds holding hands and he was so fixated on her that he knew he had to turn her because she had to be his and no one else's. 

He had put it into his head that she was his mate although he hadn't felt it. But he knew he couldn't turn her without there being some sort of cause so he did exactly what Rebekah did. He made newborns and used them to cause chaos to grab Victoire and turn her. In this way, the guards would be busy with the newborns killing them and it didn't bother him as they meant nothing to him. But it backfired because she was bit but before he could grab Victorie, she ran off with Rowan and with the love she had for Rowan and he for her, she found turned him. 

Once the stalker vampire saw that Rowan was turned and was her mate he could do nothing except return home but the Council got word of what he had done and sent news to the Council where he lived and they for his insubordination of the law condemned him to death.