Pg. 62

As he said goodnight, Octavian went in search of Maximillian to express his concerns about Rebekah and the Shadow Covet clan. He didn't want any problems on that night of all nights, and he also didn't want a rift in the clans although there weren't any clans that he knew of that were on her side although there could be one or two in the clan that could be loyal to her and were acting as 'undercover' in the said clan.

He didn't want her to be the cause of a conflict since the last he heard after she had made her proposition to him was that now she didn't want control of the Council but she now wanted to gain control of all of the clans in Europe and so far, that hadn't been possible and as far as everyone knew that wouldn't be possible because the clans far and wide knew what would happen if she got control.

He also wanted to let Maximillian know that everything went well with Natasha and she was almost part of their family in more ways than one. They had always wanted someone in their town to know of their existence because when Mr. Lawrence died, who could help them? They didn't trust Mrs. Edevane. 

And now who better to know than it to be his mate? He found Maximillian exactly where he knew he would be, his study.

"Maximillian, everything went well, and now the only thing left is for her to drink my blood and make her heart mix with both as it fills with it." "About that Octavian, I didn't get a chance to talk to you and let you know that for the ceremony ball after the drinking of the grail when she has to wear a complete red gown it would be nice if she wore our mother's dress."

Octavian opened his eyes at hearing these words, "how is that possible? Didn't it burn in the fire?" "No Octavian, her dress was saved at a different location and before we left, I brought it with us just for the chance one of us found our mate." Although Natasha had bought her dresses nothing would give Octavian more pleasure than seeing her in his mother's dress.

He had been his mother's favorite and to have his mate wearing his mother's gown at their betrothment ball made his heart joyful. "May I see it, Max?" "Of course, come brother." He took him to his room and from a gown box Max pulled out a blood-red, mermaid/trumpet-style gown that was very sexy with a deep V-neck, and long sleeves, it had a chapel train, with sequins. The bottom of it had a welcoming of 'roses' to her new world. It was the perfect dress.

"I will tell Natasha and I know she will use it, I 'am glad you told me Maximillian, you have brought tears to my eyes at seeing Mother's dress as I thought everything was destroyed in the fire." "My dear brother, that demon of a witch of a grandmother thought that she could do away with our mother and her things, let me tell you something, sit."

Octavian looked at his brother and wondered what he could be about to say. "Mother sensed something was brewing and started to save some of her and father's special items far from the house so we would never forget them. She took me to the place and as soon as we took our revenge, I went to the place to retrieve everything and have kept it in my room until the time comes for the use of each item and now the time for the use of this dress has arisen."