Pg. 184

Octavian took Natasha's hand fulfilling his vow that she would never walk behind him but always beside him and they walked to the living room where Maximillian and the Council waited for them.

Upon seeing her Countess Elizabeth was so happy to see her that she jumped from her seat and hugged her tightly, "Dear Natasha, how are you?" "I'm fine, just happy to see that all of you are well and that my brothers are taking such good care of you."

She looked at Maximillian and winked. "Yes, I know sister, we would get lashed if we didn't treat our visitors to your liking." "I'm glad you understand how things now run around this joint." They both started to laugh and the Council, as well as Octavian, loved the fact that not only did Natasha feel at ease at talking the way she did to Maximillian but he also felt at ease with her. 

Maximillian was not the type of person that got along with many people and everyone knew that. He was friends with a certain number of people and if you were part of that circle consider yourself lucky. That is why seeing him treat Natasha this way and not being forced to treat her nicely, although you could never force him to do anything, made Octavian happy, and Natasha 'seeing' how he felt made her feel joyful.

"Octavian, Natasha, we are sorry to have pulled you away from your paradisiac honeymoon but we wanted to get this done before we left for our homes in this way, we won't have to rush through anything at a later time with any of the details."

"Judge Elizabeth," said Octavian, "both I and Natasha understand the Council's reason for asking us to return as such now that we are here and we have our 'dinner' in hand let us get started, shall we?"

"Yes, we shall Octavian," said Judge Blair and they started going over who would be at what door who should be invited, and all the other details. Now that Rebekah was dead there was no fear but Natasha said they should never say never and as such they did set up security as if Rebekah were alive because Natasha said that in the meantime, they should take into consideration that some from the Shadow Covet could turn against them on hearing the coronation will be at the ball of the Red Moon.

For the ball, they would use some of the people they used for her wedding such as Mr. Cadmino the baker, and Mrs. Hedda the seamstress, they were also going to ask Bellvan to come a couple of days earlier so he could take a look around the mansion and have an idea of where he could situate himself as a sniper does. Natasha wanted to include him as he was of great help in the Land of the Souls and because everyone already knew he was Anastasia's mate.

They were also discussing how Sergiu and Valeska were to be named at the ball as the private guards of the king and the queen and that is why Mrs. Hedda was to be used as Natasha wanted Valeska to wear a beautiful gown for the occasion and not her armor.

Bellvan and Anastasia would also be given the title of serving in the royal guard as well as Alaric who would be the general of the royal army. Natasha wanted people she trusted around them, guarding them, taking care of them. She didn't want to close her eyes and have Octavian's life and or her's in the hands of someone she didn't know or trust.