Pg. 198

Everyone looked at the grace and the beauty of their new Queen as she stood and could not get over the fact that someone who had not so long ago been of not their kind had adjusted so well to being not only a cold walker but also of royal blood and they were happy to have her as their queen. No one had said anything against the decision of the Council and had happily gone along when it was mentioned that they both would be named.

"Throughout our realms, there are many young women that merit to have special nominations bestowed on them for in our kingdom not only the women that I am about to appoint are beautiful, sincere, smart, and have a good heart, but males watch your mates for all the women in our kingdom are not only as such but they also have beautiful personalities, are gracious and have the endurance of any man but the touch and the fragrance of a flower, never deal wrong with them for you will never see your next breath."

You could hear the women in the ballroom softly praise her and she could 'hear' Victoire, 'good job my daughter, you had won them but now you have their heart which is the best thing any queen should have for that means anytime you are in danger they will give their life for you.'

"On this night I will appoint certain women that will be closer to me in all ways," then she looked at Octavian and then at the crowd as she winked at them, "but not closer than my king." Everyone especially the Council was happy when she addressed him as her king instead of husband because she was showing everyone that she too respected him as a Sovereign ruler.

"Valeska of Edom, please step forward" Valeska didn't even look towards her beloved because although everyone already knew of them, she was nervous enough. "Valeska of Edom, I have chosen you to be the one who guards me against danger at all times in all places and from all evil, this will mean putting your life before mine at all times, with this in mind, do you accept the appointment of being my guard?" "Yes, Your Highness I do, it would be an honor." "Please kneel." After tapping her on the shoulder Natasha tells Valeska, "Rise royal protector of the queen."

Valeska stood up. "I hand you this sword so that it may be useful to protect not only me against my enemies that may arise but also keep you safe as you protect me."

"Come forward Anastasia of Nievo." Anastasia felt proud that she was being honored by the queen, she had worked so hard and thought she would one day be captain of the Sheras she never expected to be appointed by the queen. "Shera Anastasia, on this day I bestow onto you the honor to be my other personal guard, to watch over me and take care of me in union with Valeska of Edom at all times necessary. I grant upon ye the title of official royal Shera and you will take no order be it not come from the King nor I, do you accept?"

"Yes, Your Highness, I accept." "Please kneel." After tapping Anastasia on the shoulder Natasha told her, "Rise royal protector of the queen." Then directing herself towards everyone, "Let it be known that on this night of the rising of the red moon, Valeska of Edom and Anastasia of Nievo have accepted their appointments given by I and from this day forth they and their generations will be bound as royal guardians of the queen."

Octavian came to her and he said the same about those whom he had appointed but he added, "I know that many have seen the new relationships that have formed and some have not liked the idea of such relationships but I would like all of you to take note that when some of you heard of my relationship with my queen not everyone was happy but now all of you have opened your hearts to my queen and I'm sad to say that I'm jealous because I feel that you love her more than me."

He kissed her hand as he was holding it as everyone in the room either giggled or laughed. "Either way, love comes in many ways and we all have to let it happen for when it shows up it can show up in places, we never believed it would. Many never have to wait for love, it is right there for them but for others of us who have had to wait for love I ask please do not fuss or talk or ask for trouble and let these in love be, let us have a kingdom rich in love, life and in unity."

After they cheered, music was played and they danced, ate, and drank the blood of the red moon after which when it was time for the sun to set everyone started to leave and say their goodbyes.

By then Natasha and Octavian had already left and were in their bedroom enjoying what could still be said to be the night of their honeymoon and how they contemplated the riches, not only their relationship but their new kingdom, and what an heir could mean.