Pg. 53

Natasha saw another store that sold gowns and saw on the window a gown that was perfect for the night of the betrothment ceremony. Octavian said she would drink from the grail his blood and the gown she saw showed exactly what she was and what she would be doing, she was a virgin in this world and she would be taking his blood which would flow down her throat to show all that was there that she was his and the gown in the window personified just that to her. 

Again, she went into the store finding a saleslady to ask if it was in her size, when she tried it on it fit and it looked so pretty on her. As she looked at herself in the mirror with the dress on a tear fell as she had never had gowns as such. She never even went to any school events which required such dresses. She fell in love with the gown and if she could wear it until the ceremony day she would.

She had never had any lavish clothing, just her clothes were regular. There had never been any reason for such clothing as she never went anywhere. Not even for the holidays. And the times that her mother had worked at the mansion for the holidays at some parties she made her stay home although her friend invited her to her house for Christmas.

After she gave the dress to the saleslady, she again went in search of shoes and this time she looked for a complete jewelry set, she wanted to look very nice on that special night. Her mother sat in a chair thinking why the gowns, the dress, all the stuff and he had told her not to come back without Natasha not having those items, why? why?

Natasha knew now all she needed was the red gown for the gala ball after the ceremony. She decided to look around as there were so many beautiful gowns. When she noticed she saw her mother sitting on a chair and knew she must be asking herself what was going to happen and why she wouldn't tell her.

Even if she could tell her she would not, one thing the last days have shown her is that she is not a little girl anymore. She has to decide for herself what is going to make her happy and what is not and Octavian is the man who will fill her heart with the love he has as she for him and her mother was not going to understand, she would never understand but right now nothing she said could make a difference because she had made the choice.