Pg. 196

As she entered the ballroom, she saw how beautiful it looked. Everyone was quiet and was waiting for her arrival. Her handsome husband was already and as she entered, he looked at her with a smile. The ceremony was going to be performed by Cassius as he was the eldest of the Council members. Natasha noticed all the Council members were wearing ceremonial robes.

Towards the front, at a table that was specially decorated sat the ones who were to be named by her and Octavian once they became rulers of the house of Delacroix and of the clans of their world. She thought she would be nervous but she wasn't and she knew this was because her mother-in-law was with her and was giving her the strength to get through the day.

Octavian and her soon-to-be future subjects awaited with such happiness on their faces but much more of their happiness could not be overcome by the happiness on the faces of their family. She had noticed that her loving husband had already been sworn in as king; proof of this was the crown that sat upon his head.

As she reached the front where Cassius was standing she heard him start to say, "Welcome Natasha Delacroix," they didn't use her middle name because it was given to her when she was 'human' "on this day in front of all here who serve as witnesses and on the night of the red moon who will serve as the mother who cradles all of our hearts we have united to choose Octavian Delacroix as well as you as his mate and wife and picked you both to reign over this household and is giving in to your hands the rule over our house as well as our lands as such please kneel, Natasha Delacroix repeat after me."

"I Natasha Delacroix promise to obey not only my husband but my king and let my heart be ruled not only by the love I have for him but also by the love I have and will show for my subjects. I promise to protect and help my subjects to the best that I can and rule to the best of my abilities alongside my husband and king never to overcross his decisions or the counsels when needed."

After she repeated every single word, she felt wet inside and knew that her mother for she considered Victoire her mother had been crying. How she wished she could tell Octavian the relationship she had with his mother but this was one thing that had to be kept secret for the safety of both of their lives.

I Cassius, the eldest member of the council, place on your head Natasha Delacroix the sacred crown of the Delacroix family, and by the power invested in me by the red moon of the night and the blood of my forefathers and the blood of many kings I pronounce you queen of Delacroix mansion and of the clans that belong to the lands around here, long life the queen."

When he said those words, everyone bowed down, he being one of them, and calmness came over her besides something she could not tell what it was but maybe it was happiness.