Pg. 84

After Natasha bled into the goblets, Cassius called to the table Octavian's brothers and told them at the mention of their name to take a goblet, and to drink her blood. Instantly in their heart, Natasha's face, as well as an image of her holding their brother's hand and both with a crown, appeared which meant that she was to be protected as she was destined to rule the house of Delacroix just as their mother had.

Tears came to Octavian as he watched his brothers drink Natasha's blood because that meant that they accepted her, accepted the fact she would one day rule over their house, and for Maximillian that was something even greater because after being the one who ruled over the house of Delacroix for so long as the oldest now it would be she who rule over him. He was humbling himself in front of all letting them know that he would turn over his power to her and obey anything and everything she said when the day came.

His uncle, Henrick looked at the boys as they drank from the goblets and thought how happy their father would be of the men all five had become, how he wished he had lived to watch them grow up and be such rightful men.

Between Henrick and his brother Klyde, when their brother was killed in the fire, they brought the boys to live with them and helped them to broaden the skills that each one had, Edmundo who was the youngest was the one who asked the most about his parents since the rest were older, they knew in fact, had even taken part in the revenge. Maximillian was the one who killed his maternal grandmother.

When the five were old enough to live on their own and make a name for themselves, the uncles gave them money and helped them find a different town or city. They needed to keep the Delacroix name going strong but where they were it would have been dangerous. Besides, if there was any chance of them finding a mate it would have been better for them to go and look at how Octavian has been able to find a beautiful mate in Natasha.

Someone like her could not have found it if he had stayed with them. And not to say anything about Victoire. If she had met Natasha no one would have been able to even talk or get close to her for she would not have allowed them, too, she would keep her all to herself.

Just look at their wives, Caleta and Drusilla, they fell in love with Natasha the very first time they saw her. Her charisma, the way she looks at things, her smile which she does not only with her mouth but also with her eyes in a very warm and loving way, and her personality. The way she attends to you when you need something.

She has something that no matter how sad or depressed you may be, she makes you happy, and makes you smile. Can pick you up just the way she is. Octavian would not be able to find someone else like that even if he sat at the park waiting for people to come by at night.