Pg. 145

"How am I supposed to know when it is 10:00 p.m.?" "Rebekah, if you are smart enough to manipulate people. And you are smart enough to figure out other things through the years, as centuries changed including the telling time by the setting of the sun. If not, figure it out and be glad that Lord Zela still feels something for you otherwise, and I have to obey his wishes or I would be telling you even when you should bathe, now get out of my sight."

Lord Rovir had a great hate for Rebekah because she or someone she had turned, i.e. a newborn had hurt him deeply. Tarek, Rebekah's second in command knew his family and their friends, and one night the son of one of his dearest friends a young boy by the name of Vanez was on his way home but it got dark, and Tarek upon seeing him knew who he was as they told him he smiled as he turned him. They used him to get something she wanted and only he could get it.

Rebekah used him to retrieve a box of information his father had, only through him could she get it. Being a newborn he was happy to do her bidding and quickly went, not knowing that he was going to die once he brought it to her, all she told him was that he would be rewarded. Once he returned and gave it to her thinking he would get some recognition all he got was Tarek's blade across his neck.

They killed him because they couldn't have a witness and if the Council knew that she had stolen the box that held the ring of opal she could have been banished a long time ago but the talk was she took it and made a copy of the ring and sent the real one back again. She didn't kill Tarek because he would lick her ass if she asked him, he was her puppy.

Vanez was the only son of Lord Rovir's best friend and the pain of losing him was so great that he killed himself. He could not live with the pain. And when she left Lord Zela his wife died of sadness. She caused so many other deaths plus other wrongdoings. No, it was about time that she was caught and banished.

Rebekah took off like a jackrabbit and didn't look back at Lord Rovir, she had never met him but now that she did, she had already placed him on her list of people she hated and would get even with as soon as she could. But first things first and that was finding a place to rest so that tomorrow she could find a way out of here to reach the mansion before that wedding took place.

Her powers had been taken away and she had noticed that even the power of manipulation had been taken away as she was not able to manipulate that asshole Sheridan when she came and he was one of the Daywalkers who greeted her. He looked at her as if she were a pile of shit and that told her all she needed to know as if she had her manipulation powers or not.