Chapter 9

Rebekah was mad, she was beyond mad, first, that bitch Natasha, talking to her as if she were head of the Council or already the queen of the house, and then that beautiful engagement ring that could have been hers no, it should have been hers!!!!

If things had been different, SHE would have all that Natasha now has and possibly even more but no. She can never play by the rules and then this bitch had to show up from who knows where and Octavian had to be mated to her and who knew if that was even true. Maybe if she played her cards right, she would get invited to their wedding.

She thought this way because although she was a Sire, she had noticed that most of the Sires had received a wedding invitation to attend Natasha's and Octavian's wedding she had not. Somehow Rebekah needed to be at that wedding and was waiting for an invitation. What she had not realized was that all the invitations had been handed out at the betrothment ceremony in other words if you did not get one, you would not receive one and you would not be there.

The reason of course why she wanted to find a way in was a very simple one, she wanted to strike against Natasha. She knew Natasha would be so busy on her wedding day with attention to details and also the attention others would be giving to her. She also knew that Natasha wouldn't be attentive to her surroundings, and then she would be able to strike like a death adder.

Rebekah knew if she could just be there at the wedding or in the mansion she would make sure Natasha was out of Octavian's life for good. Afterward, she would slowly enter into the picture to console Octavian on the death of his dear beloved Natasha. One thing could lead to the other and who knows, maybe the next one wearing the Delacroix family ring and crown could be her. She would make sure it was her.

Until then, she knew, she would have to take all of Natasha's shit because it was as if she had overwhelmed the Council and they were not saying or doing anything. They were so taken with her. They saw her actions against a Sire but yet again although she hated to admit it, Natasha was right, everyone did hate her and the Council didn't give a fuck about her Sire or no Sire.

But she would get the last laugh, she would bring Octavian to his knees for despising and treating her like she meant nothing. The woman standing there before her, this 'Natasha' was a nobody and yet he treated her better. He never treated her that well and at the last moment what did he end up wanting to do? He wanted to kill her and she wasn't even his mate. 

Yes, she had other motives to be by his side but yet he should have given her a chance he could have learned to love her as she, him. During all this time that she was thinking Natasha was 'listening' to her and to make Rebekah know that she can't get away with her plans, she got close to her, and then in a voice that only she could hear she said, "Počúvajte a počúvajte naozaj dobre, môžete si myslieť, že ma môžete prísť zabiť na mojej svadbe a potom utešiť môjho manžela, ktorý sa snaží zaujať moje miesto, ale moja rada je, aby ste zostali čo najďalej od mojej svadby, pretože ten, kto uvidí jej smrť, budeš ty a sľubujem vám, Teraz vypadni z môjho majetku skôr, ako ťa zabijem."

* Listen, and listen really well, you may think that you can come and kill me at my wedding and then console MY husband trying to take my place but my advice is that you stay as far away from my wedding as you possibly can because the one who will see her demise will be you and I promise you that, now get the fuck off my property before I kill you now.

When Rebekah heard those words, she looked at Natasha with surprise because she didn't understand how Natasha could know what she was thinking. Never do newborns develop powers or abilities and no powers can be transferred to them so that was out of the question how was it that Natasha could have done that?