Pg. 91

Natasha walked away and Rebekah thought 'Yes, I won but she didn't see where Natasha was going, which was towards the front of the ballroom, and that she was asking for a microphone. Rebekah seeing all eyes on Natasha including Octavian's asked him,  "Octavian, what is she doing?" "I don't know we will have to wait and see, remember you said she was a wet behind-the-ear human rat so what harm could she be up to?" Maximillian was laughing mentally at his brother's comment.

Then Natasha started to speak and all got quiet, "Good evening, I have something that I would like to say besides the fact that I appreciate that you made the time and I'm happy you were able to come to witness the fact that I am truly Octavian's mate. Secondly, Sire Rebekah has brought it to my attention that it is a tradition," when Rebekah realized what Natasha was doing, she wanted the floor to swallow her.

Looking straight at Rebekah, Natasha continued, "Which is that the Sires of all the clans have to dance with the future bridegroom in this case Octavian." Everyone in the ballroom looked at Rebekah. The Judges knew that she just couldn't keep quiet and called for Alaric. Maximillian could see the sweat coming down Rebekah's forehead as wax from a burning candle.

Natasha continued, "As such so that there are no complications of any sort I would like if the Sires of the clans are gracious enough to form a line and I will have the orchestra play a piece so each one will take their turn at dancing with Octavian."

Directing her words at Rebekah, "Will this please you Rebekah? Did you think me stupid? Had it ever occurred to you that I had studied the traditions of the new world which I would be part of? I know that tradition doesn't exist." 

Rebekah got angry and replied, "Then why did you call me out?" "To make the Sires here know that you use them in your little lies. Bringing to my attention a made-up tradition to try to make me look a fool in front of my fiancé and to be with him alone, get this straight, I'm not the frail human rat as you call me anymore, make a note of it." She returned the microphone and returned to Octavian while Rebekah's anger grew.

The Judges looked as Natasha's eyes glazed over in a look that only belonged to someone who had been in position for years but here, she was not only a couple of hours completely turned and the way she handled herself around Rebekah left much to say. They saw how she looked at Rebekah and with a contemptuous smile, she glided her tongue over her new fangs as if telling her 'Don't play with me because you will lose every time, you are nothing compared to me, you are the dirt that I step on and like an insect, I will kill you.

Rebekah looked at Natasha not believing she would do such a thing and much more not believing that the Judges didn't say anything. Natasha, instead of going towards Octavian since she did tell Rebekah to dance with him, went towards the refreshment bar where Cirino joined her and told her that what she did was applaud because she conducted herself like a true royal lady.

When the dance was over, she went towards Octavian and he was just letting go of Rebekah's hand since Maximillian told him earlier not to start any fights, he thanked her, and just when he was going to take Natasha's hand Alaric showed up. So Rebekah could hear him he said, "No Natasha, it's mine turn to dance with Octavian, and remember Octavian you must let me lead or I won't be able to dance right." 

Natasha, Octavian, and Alaric got a big laugh out of it but Rebekah said something under her breath and left in a huff. Alaric yelled after her, "Can't take a joke, Rebekah?" Then turning to Natasha, "How did you know that was not a tradition?" "Because I read up on the traditions for this special day and also because I didn't think that the male Sires of the clans would be dancing with the future groom. I mean maybe it might happen with the female members of the family AT the WEDDING but not the Sires and with me knowing the history with Octavian, that bitch better get her act together because she doesn't know who she is messing with."

Alaric was surprised by her answer and he was also surprised that in the Delacroix family, there was going to be someone that was more or less like their mother. Although he didn't know their mother personally, but his mother talked about her. 

Everyone knew she was a kind and caring person but at the same time, no one would mess with her because they would get what they deserved. Another thing no one should mess with was her boys, who were the love of her life as such Alaric knows Victorie would be very happy with the mate that Octavian has chosen.