Pg. 59

Octavian wished he could at least hold her as she went through the pain, but he had to let her suffer through it all showing him that she was willing to take all that came her way to be with him and that she would be able to handle all that she came with being a Delacroix.

He could feel how pieces of her heart were emptying of her blood to make way for his blood when she drank it from the grail filling the parts of her heart that were now empty. Letting it beat with his vampiric blood as well as hers mixing as one. On that night whatever was left of her as a human would die.

That night would be their engagement party the following week or the next she would be his vampire bride and they would marry and she would be all of his body, mind, and what the humans called soul.

What he didn't care to see on that night now that he thought about who would be there was Rebekah, Sire of the Shadow Covet clan. Years ago, she had proposed to Octavian years ago that both of their clans unite by marriage so they could be stronger. He had said no, he rejected both the idea and her.

She was not an ugly woman; she was pretty but she was also cunning, ruthless, and every other bad quality a person may have. She desired to gain power and overrule the Council, something which everyone knew she would not gain.

She took care of her clan although many times she blackmailed them or used other methods to get them to do her dirty work. They respected her and followed her orders but she was very domineering.

She would not change her ways, she had not changed for years, it had to be her way or if not, she would take care of you herself in front of the whole clan to serve as a lesson to them that what she said went and as he saw it, it was more of being scared than respect. He hoped she would show respect to Natasha and to all those there otherwise he would have her and her clan escorted out. He would have to make sure to let Maximillian know of this detail.

When he looked at his love, he noticed that the pain was almost subsiding as her eyes were now a beautiful yellow color which meant she would now be able to see clearly. On the night she drinks from his blood her eyes will turn to a red hue. This observation will let him and everyone know that she has completely turned and she is his for life.