Pg. 136

Alaric, Sergiu and the Sheras were happy they were able to make it to the Land of the Souls without any problem since they hadn't had any trouble, and they made it in good time. As Alaric had called ahead Lord Zela and Lord Rovir were waiting by the gates with the leader of the Daywalkers, Bellvan, and his 2nd in command, Sheridan.

They hadn't told Alaric what they had changed at the 'prison' as Rebekah called it, for the reason that they didn't want Rebekah to pick up on it but now they had instituted a new program of sorts where when a new 'guest' comes to the Land of the Souls they get marked with an invisible tattoo of sorts that a regular vampire cannot see but a Daywalker can.

The mark will not stay in one place, it will travel throughout the vampire's body, so although she or he may see that it was placed for example on his forearm and try to peel it from his skin, it could now be on his leg. This mark was instituted so that the vampire can be seen by a laser that the Daywalkers have all along the perimeter of the property which they had recently placed in agreement with the Council. The Daywalkers never placed anything without first letting the Council know.

The Council agreed because they said the reason the vampires were banished to that land in the first place was that they had broken many rules or laws and it was of no worry or loss to them or anyone that if so-called vampires decided to escape and died in the process then it was his or her fault.

It was going to surprise Rebekah when they welcomed her at the gate with this new marking system as she thought they were just going to write her name down and get an assigned number and an assigned hell hole where she could set up camp.

She was dreading seeing Lord Zela, he was a very distant uncle but every time he saw her, he tended to treat her as if she were a very close relative as if she were his favorite niece and she couldn't stand him but yet again she couldn't stand anyone. All of a sudden, she heard Alaric's voice saying 'hello' and giving someone a salutation and when that person answered she recognized the voice... Lord Zela, they had arrived.