Chapter 8

Early in the morning, everyone in the house got up excited for the night's activities but none more excited than Natasha. The Judges on the night before had gone over with Natasha a series of questions that had to do with her relationship with Octavian and Countess Elizabeth who could sense things about someone and could tell that Natasha was not lying about any of the questions.

Some of the questions had to do with if she did love him, or if she just loved the idea of being one of them. Was she with the family because she was bought and didn't have anywhere to go or because she wanted to be there? And then came the one question that they all wanted to know, did she think drinking Octavian's blood at the ceremony was something disgusting and she rather just marry him and get on with their life, or did she consider it something that should be a part of their process as a mating couple so that they could complete bond?

When she told them that she considered it not part of the process as a mating couple but she considered it an essential part of the process they were surprised and asked her why she thought that way. 

"Because a human marriage is usually built by different blocks, a friendship which leads to a relationship which in turn if it is based on love and not sex will turn into a pure marriage and the man will bond with his wife by love, not sex. With Octavian and me, it is different because of what we are and how we met. Our blocks were started by the look of each other when we looked into each other's souls and saw that each other was meant to be. He in turn has not touched me in any inappropriate way as such, our bond started when I asked him to make me his and not by sex and it is essential to take part of him which is to drink of him as he drank of me and make us whole by me binding myself completely with him."

They were so surprised that someone who was not completely turned could understand the transformation so well that they didn't need to explain what the ceremony of tonight would bring to Octavian and her. But Cassius needed to tell her that as the new member of the Delacroix for her to be the princess of the house, the 4 other brothers had to taste her blood as this way if she were anywhere and in trouble they could smell and arrive to help her.

"Natasha, you have a very good knowledge of what is the reason why you should drink from the cup and it makes me happy but there is something that you need to know, on the ceremony table, in each corner, there is also a small goblet and as head Judge, I will tie you onto the table after you have drunk Octavian's blood and your eyes have given complete witness that you have changed, then I will make 4 cuts so you bleed into the goblets then Maximillian, Cirino, Dario, and Edmondo will drink from your blood so that their body will recognize your blood."

"Judge Cassius," he thought she was going to ask him why they had to do that or something like if she had enough blood for them but she said, "Will someone walk me to the table or will I walk to the table by myself?"