Pg. 122

In another conversation, Atanasya and Demetrius, Octavian's grandparents told her that Victoire had a sister which Natasha didn't know about and it had been said that she too had been turned in the commotion that had happened at the castle which is when Ambrosine, Octavian's great-great aunt was turned also.

That was the day Octavian and his brothers went to question Castelina, their maternal grandmother about what had happened to their parents. When Castelina found out the boys were still alive she hid in a secret room in the castle. The boys went looking for her, some say men went with the boys they found her and turned her and she died because she didn't know how to survive in the world of her grandchildren, others say it was because she killed herself. After all, she didn't want to be a nightwalker and yet, others say they found her and killed her because she was a nightwalker, no one truly knows how she died.

Ambrosine finished her conversation by telling Natasha that she did not want her to be part of the family or much less form a marriage with Octavian thinking of him and his brothers as monsters for what they did to Castelina, their maternal grandmother when they killed their Victoire their mother and she was glad now she knew everything and understood.

"I'm glad you understand, and as his grandparents told you, yes, that is how I was turned, the person who did it was forgiven because they did it by accident as you see when my nephews entered to look for their grandmother, they brought with them many strong Sir's or male vampires and gave them the order to turn whoever they saw with the royal symbol placed on their clothes and of course being part of the court, I had the symbol and over the commotion, they didn't hear my name because if they had they would have known I was a distant part of the family but as the young ones say, shit happens."

They both started to laugh and were still laughing when Octavian entered the room. "So, what are you both laughing about?" "Well nephew if you must know, I was laughing because I'm thinking about looking at those beautiful thighs of Vlad at Natasha's party." And she winked at Natasha as she held her hands.

Octavian still didn't like the idea of a stripper at Natasha's party especially since everyone knew the only stripper who did the rounds was Vlad. "Auntie, I said no strippers at Natasha's party, what good is being prince if no one listens to me around here." "Well, as your cousins explained, we only get married once in our life and for us, it is until death do us part so let us have our fun, your grandmother is collecting all the dollar bills she can from the guys to share with the girls." "Don't give any to Natasha, Auntie, please."

"Why would I? Remember Octavian, Vlad always likes to give a wedding gift to the bride and that is her not having to give him any sort of monetary bill, everything is free for the bride so Natasha won't need any of us to give any money, love you nephew," then she directed herself to Natasha, "come, my dear, let's see if the shoes will fit." As she walked out, she kissed her nephew as he rolled his eyes in a show of 'Why me?'  

Natasha looked at Ambrosine because she knew her shoes still hadn't come and she knew Ambrosine didn't have any that needed to be tried on. "Just a little white lie to get out of the room, so my nephew wouldn't whine at you and well yes, I have to try on my shoes for tonight so come on so you can tell me if they look good with my dress."

Then they heard Octavian scream, "Auntie I'm going to tell Uncle Adelrick when he gets here that you are going to the bachelorette party to see Vladimir." "You're too late, I already told him, as a matter of fact, he sent me some dollar bills, love youuuuuu!!!" And they ran up the steps laughing.