Pg. 73

"Well, I wanted to meet the one who is on everyone's tongue, apparently Ms. Natasha is the talk of all the covens. And everyone is anxious to meet her but you know me, I like to get ahead of everyone and wanted to meet her first and besides, in this way, I can also help fix up the place."

Maximillian, Dario, and Cirino had joined the rest by now and Nikolaj took that chance to let them know something that had taken place that he was sure they did not know since no one had mentioned it, especially Maximillian. He waited until Natasha had excused herself saying she probably knew they wanted to catch up on things and left before he spoke. Good timing he thought.

"Now that she has gone, you may not know this but the judges convened with Rebekah to warn her that since she has to be present at the ceremony as all Sire and their Covens have to be and at the ball, they want no problems from her clan or her. They also told her that she needs to be aware that they know what happened before and don't want a reoccurrence of the same."

Dario said, "How did she take it?" "From what I found out she wasn't too pleased but promised that she nor her clan would bring discord to the events such as the ceremony or the ball. The judges were happy because  that is what they wanted to hear, although they did add that if she or her clan caused problems, they would use Alaric to take her out of the ceremony and the ballroom."

"Countess Elizabeth has had it in for her for ages because she has always thought that the newborns that killed her husband were converted by Rebekah. Countess Elizabeth has always thought she saw Rebekah by a tree close to her mansion watching and laughing as they tried to kill both her and her husband and there has always been a rift between them, the only thing that stops Rebekah from finishing the job is that she knows on the day she touches Countess/Judge Elizabeth it will be her automatic death."

"Either way Nikolaj, let's forget all that," said Dario, "I'm sure the lady of the house offered you some refreshments, let's go into the kitchen to get some, you must have a long trip. And what of the others?" "They're on the way; they want to get here before the day of the ceremony because of course like me they want to see the lovely Ms. Natasha and spend time with the new member of the family." 

By then she had re-entered the room, Nikolaj smiled at her,  Edmondo said, "Yes, I'm the lucky one to have such a great sister, my brothers are great too but it was about time I got to have a sister in the house and especially one that was so sweet and one that if she gets tired of Octavian, I'm here for her." He winked at Octavian and threw a washcloth at him as everyone laughed and Natasha felt at home.