Pg. 107

That was the price one pays when one belongs to a different society, a society that is feared by the warm of heart, those with a beating heart. The only thing that anyone thinks of when the word vampire or nightwalker is spoken is DEATH, they envision getting one's blood sucked, and either dying or turning into one. If they only knew that the underworld could also be a beautiful society.

She should know how they think as she had that misconception not thinking twice that they might live amongst them and be regular people whom one interacts with and are nice people. Carminia for example worked for a family of them for so long and if it weren't for them, their family would have died of hunger yet Carminia considered them monsters, how wrong she was.

"Wait until you see it, Natasha, you might like it I don't know, but all we can say is you wore her ceremonial dress and you saw the taste in clothes she had." "Yes, that dress was beautiful, and I could not believe after so many years it was still in perfect and pristine condition so I could imagine her wedding gown and tell the truth from what I saw in town when I went to get my ceremonial gown before Octavian knew that Maximillian had their mother's, there aren't many nice gowns in the city."

When they arrived at the room Ambrosine hit a series of taps on the bricks and a small secret place in the wall opened as if it were glass doors to walk out to the patio. And on the hanger was an A-line black lace wedding dress beaded with small diamonds, sheer of the shoulder, long sleeves with an overskirt of black feathers and long train, the veil was of black lace with small diamonds along the outside hem and thought-out it.

Just one look at the dress and veil and Natasha felt this dress was made for her. She didn't need to look around for a wedding dress, besides there was something about the dress that seemed to be calling out to her as if telling her that it was destiny that she wear that dress for it was for her as when a mother passes something down to her daughter she could hear Victoire's voice telling her 'I leave to you my dear daughter my wedding dress, for I have given you all that I am and one of my loves. Please take care of the other four also, for this, I will watch over you my loving daughter.'

Ambrosine and Atanasya noticed a glow on Natasha's face and could not explain why she had it but either way, it seemed to them that she liked the dress, she would be wearing it and they knew that would be the talk of the wedding. The wedding in itself would be grandioso as it had been years since a prince had married in their world and at that had turned his mate and both would be named over the clans, a mate liked by all that met her, especially the Council.

Not only that but all that were present for Octavian's parents' wedding at seeing his mother's dress on Natasha would wow them, first her ball gown and then her wedding gown. "Try it on my dear."  When she put it on which she did outside so they could see it in the light as no one was around and they looked at her they didn't see Natasha, they saw Victoire Delacroix in all her glory and speaking the words, "Take care of my daughter, Natasha for she is the one who carries my heart." Both of them were taken aback and now knew why this girl was so special.