Chapter 5

Lin SuCi yawned.

Today’s sun was warm, the golden rays scattered across the ground. After a meal, it was the best time for a nap.

Sun shone on his body, warming Lin SuCi. He yawned again, his paws wiping away the tears that appeared as a reflex from the corner of his eyes. His little slender tail behind him waved slowly and rhythmically.

Living with Yan BoShen during the past few days, he slept earlier than Yan BoShen, got up later than Yan BoShen, and was also more likely to be sleepy than Yan BoShen. Lin SuCi thought about it, feeling sure it was because he was a cub, still growing, and needed a lot of sleep.

Luxuriant green grass surrounded the fence around the courtyard, the breeze blowing, bringing with it a fresh breath of air.

Lin SuCi yawned with his mouth open. With mincing steps, he jumped onto a small wooden pier next to the fence posts. Sprawling across it, he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Lin SuCi had just fallen asleep. He dreamed that a man with a blurred face had given him a video game. He was having a good time. The man was sitting beside him, but started to get fresh with him.

Lin SuCi got a shock, raising his hand, he hit him.

“Ouch!”

A low clear cry sounded beside him.

It did not feel like a dream. Lin SuCi opened his eyes and looked, oh, squatting in front of him was a young man in white covering his cheek. Between his fingers, a red imprint could be seen.

When he recognised him, Lin SuCi was amused.

Wasn’t this little miserable Wang LiChen? Why was he here again?

Lin SuCi watched interestedly as Wang LiChen rubbed at his face. He quickly let go and gave him a nervous smile. “Do you remember me, little kitty? I came here before.”

Seeing Lin SuCi nodding slowly, Wang LiChen stammered, “I made dried fish with my own hands, and specially brought it to you.”

Wang LiChen had a bamboo basket beside him that was covered with a white handkerchief. He opened it. In there were many wines brewed from spiritual fruit, as well as a plate of fragrant dried fish.

Wang LiChen took a piece out and placed it in front of Lin SuCi’s mouth, coaxing him. “This is a small fish I caught from Lake WeiChao. There’s no bones and it’s still very fresh. You should like it. Have a taste?”

The dried fish in front of him did emit an attractive fragrance. Lin SuCi sniffed the fish, crinkled his nose, and his eyes fell on the youth in front of him.

He sat up, avoiding that bite of dried fish, raising his paws and shook them. He politely asked, “How much is this fish?”

Wang LiChen’s smile froze. “… It’s free.”

Pausing, Wang LiChen spoke in disbelief, “Little kitty, you don’t think… I’m using the dried fish to cheat you… To cheat you of your money?!”

He flushed and gritted. “Did you listen to what they said? Don’t believe them. That thing to do with Senior Uncle Hui Lian, I really wasn’t the one who cheated him of his money!”

Lin SuCi waved his tail slowly and spoke lightly. “It’s no use telling me this. You have to talk to Hui Lian.”

Wang LiChen grabbed his hair in distress, “But Senior Uncle Hui Lian won’t believe me…”

After a pause, Wang LiChen continued dejectedly, “Forget it, we won’t talk about this first. Don’t worry about the dried fish, I’m giving it to you.”