Chspter 57

In that flower field, there were well grown *corpse flowers. Their blossoms were bigger than Lin Suci and the color was so dazzling and incomparably beautiful. Aside from clenching their teeth at Lin Suci, their other features were notably stunning.

(*T/N known as man-eating piranha plants in the novel)

The flower field was a distance from the foot of the mountain. Lin Suci walked from the mound to the outermost of the flower field. Approaching the purple corpse flowers, he dawdled for almost the whole day.

In the midst of the flower field, every step was a difficult attempt. The atmosphere as well as the soil there was different from other places. Every step Lin Suci took seemed that his feet were soaked with thick liquid, making him weigh like a thousand.

It was unfortunate that those flowers were hard to mess with.

Obviously, they were merely blooming flowers with no knowledge, but all of them seemed to have the vigilance and the ability to protect themselves. Besides Ruan Linggu, whoever approached would stimulate the corpse flowers to attack.

The day appeared to be late and Lin Suci was still standing ten feet away in front of the purple corpse flowers, staring at the big flower face in the dusk.

His master explained something before returning. Those flowers were incomparably delicate that they could not be picked with force. Otherwise, they would wither. Also, the spells method could not be used either. Otherwise, their medicinal power would be affected.

A poisonous liquid was spouted out from the mouth of one of the flowers. Lin Suci dodged in time and turned around. The position where he had just stood was corroded by the poisonous liquid, making a sizzling sound and accompanied by a white smoke thus making a pit appear on the spot.

Under the clear moonlit light, Lin Suci’s face was paralyzed. He faintly scanned the pit hole in the ground and heaved a sigh.

It took a day to step into the flower field and he had not touched anything yet. The night was arriving. If he chose to turn around and return back for a good night’s sleep, he would still have to repeat today’s action.

Lin Suci rolled up his sleeves and his delicate face was full of determination.

He felt that he should not sleep and pick the flowers instead!

The sun rose and the moon set, back and forth. During the chilly autumn season, Lin Suci took off his robe, and wore only a single thin layer of white clothes. He rolled up his sleeves, and held a small flower hoe. While the purple flowers kept twisting to spout venom, he leaped to the left and right. He made use of his dodges to strike and snatch the teeth of the corpse flowers.

In an acre of flower fields with countless carnivorous corpse flowers, they threw open their mouths like sunflowers chasing the sunlight. All the heads of the flowers followed the direction of Lin Suci’s movement. From where he started picking the flowers, the surrounding corpse flowers followed suit to spout venom at him.

Lin Suci’s arms were slender. His wrist bones in the sun were dazzling white. He grasped the small flower hoe in his palm with a piece of talisman pasted onto it. Along his battle dances, the talisman waved, fell and rose with him.

Five days, five whole days!

Lin Suci panted and stopped the offensive action. He bent over with his hands on his knees, panting and raising one hand to wipe off the slight sweat on his forehead.