Chapter 74

“Un…cle?”

Lin Suci heard Lin Zhixi’s voice and hardly dared to look at his face.

Perhaps there was only one person in the world who cared about him and treated him well even though he was a concubine’s son who was abandoned at birth.

Now, that one person was lying in a pool of blood in front of him. His whole body lost its color due to the blood loss, and there was no sign of life.

“Uncle!!!”

Lin Zhixi, who fell on the ground, was trembling all over. He could not stand still, and his shaky voices overlapped with each other. He used his hands and feet to crawl towards the bluestone slab that was stained red.

Bai Qingkong followed him, trying hard to support him. At that time, he could not say much, and could only accompany Lin Zhixi forward.

Lin Suci held Yan Boshen’s hand. His palm felt cold, and he could not bear to look at it.

The man lying in a pool of blood was picked up by Lin Zhixi. A sharp cut tore through his chest. The coagulated blood shed bright red blood as Lin Zhixi moved his body.

“Uncle!!!”

Lin Zhixi confirmed the lifelessness of the person in his arms several times. Grief took over and he could not make a sound while sobbing.

A gust of wind passed through the verdant bamboo forest, whimpering like wail.

There was no trace of life in that small, abandoned courtyard.

Lin Zhixi’s cry and the bamboo forest’s sob became the only voices there.

After an unknown period of time, Lin Zhixi gradually calmed down.

The person who he was holding in his arms closed his eyes, and could no longer feel the sadness.

Lin Zhixi wanted to pick him up, but his legs were so weak that he quaked. He almost fell with the person in his arms.

Bai Qingkong steadily supported him.

Lin Zhixi’s eyes were looking straight, and the man who was a bit taller than Bai Qingkong was extremely weak at that moment. Relying on Bai Qingkong’s support, he barely stood firmly.

Lin Suci bit his lower lip. He was unable to stay put, so he stepped forward with Wan’er, and gave Lin Zhixi a hand.

There were only two bamboo houses in the small courtyard. They were facing each other. The door was open, and there was a small stove at the door. A clay pot was on the stove, and the strong smell of boiling medicine and the burning charcoal was crackling.

When Lin Zhixi crossed the threshold, he saw the pot of medicine and his eyes turned red, like dripping blood.

In the simple room, there was an Arhat bed by the window. There was also a gossip notebook on the bed. It was flipped open. On the pages of the book, the bamboo leaves that were blown by the wind were clipped within.

Bai Qingkong and Wan’er had more strength, so they helped Lin Zhixi carry the person, put the person gently on the bed, tidy up the appearance of the person, and looked at each other. They took two steps back.