Chapter 29

Lin SuCi was momentarily silent, then stammered, “Boshen… I… Umm…”

His eldest shixiong, he had discovered that there were things not quite right with him.

The two descended into a period of silence.

“Yes!”

Lin SuCi took in a deep breath and broke the silence, his lips flapping away, “I’m the legendary Do—mm…”

Yan Boshen again covered his mouth. “Shut up.”

Fine, I’ll just shut up then.

Lin SuCi observed Yan Boshen for some time. His expression was still like the usual, looking as though he did not want to investigate further, and that he didn’t care about the matter at all.

His eldest shixiong, he really… didn’t care about the matter?

He was his cat, and that was the only thing Boshen acknowledged. So, he would also only acknowledge this point… Could he?

He probably could.

Anyway, he had nothing to do with all these troublesome things. Even if he did have a little something to do with it, it wouldn’t affect anything.

The drooping ears of the little kitten who was rebuked slightly by Yan Boshen perked up, trembling.

Those people who had been rescued were disciples from a sect. While collecting bamboo-destroying grass, they had bumped into this fourth-stage rangy-monkey bear.

Among them were disciples who had been here before. They knew this savage beast, and originally had the confidence to fight it, wanting to kill this beast directly and collect it. However, they did not expect that this beast had been maddened, and kept chasing them the entire way, scaring them out of half their lives.

These people were heavily injured. The bites on their bodies were bleeding and a mess. It was all due to Zhongli Haiming’s medicine that their bleeding finally managed to stop with much difficulty, and their lives were saved.

That rangy-monkey bear had already been torn apart but Huilian and Xiaolan. According to their value, its skin, claws, soul and organs had been packed into their dimension space.

When Lin SuCi returned, there was only a pool of blood left on the ground, the only trace that proved the existence of a maddened fourth-stage savage beast.

The young girl who had been rescued was still sobbing. Pressing onto her injury, she looked up with a tear-filled gaze, and saw Lin SuCi and Yan Boshen standing next to each other. She got rid of her tears, but there were still tear stains on her cheeks. She seemed to have seen something, and her eyes were brighter than those stains.

“This shixiong…” The girl was distressed. “Thank you for saving my life. I unable to repay you, so why don’t I…”

“It’s fine, it’s enough if you have money.” Lin SuCi has just grabbed onto Zhongli Haiming, asking him how much medication had been used. Facing the words of gratitude from the girl, he just raised his hand up. “Many thanks for your patronage. The cost of the medicine, the labour, and the rescue, three thousand spiritual gems would be enough.”

The young girl’s face, flushed from crying, reddened even further. Looking just like an eggplant, it was turning purple.

“How can you say things like that? Who taught you to hold out your hand and ask for money? How rude.” Zhongli Haiming glared at Lin SuCi, shoving him back at Yan Boshen. He crouched down in front of the girl, and this youngest shixiong who grew up calculative gave a scheming smile.