Chapter 32

In the secret realms where there were traps everywhere, there might be sects, who had good relations with each other, progressing together, so as to avoid being bullied by other stronger sects.

On the first day of entering the secret realm, everyone still wore a fake mask of peace and courtesy, providing mutual aid. Everyone was in harmony.

After a day and night, despite being only the second day, this seemingly gentle mask, as though everyone was family, had finally been torn. 10
The requirement in Purple Gold Glaze was to collect the bamboo destroying grass, and this was not something that grew everywhere.

After a day of searching, the various disciples, numbering nearly a hundred, could all see that the bamboo-destroy grass could only be found towards the west, or in the rather remote south. In one day, the teams who had all first headed in other directions were now moving in the direction of the west. Throughout their journey, they had come across quite a number of disciples from other sects.

When there was strength, there was weakness. There were those whose pockets were filled with riches, and there were also those who were very poor.

Along the way, people could all see which sects were the wealthy ones, and which sects were only scrambling for bits.

Some of the older disciples, who had some experience, guardedly encircled their spoils as well as their younger juniors when more and more people crowded around. Some of the more shameless sect disciples even started to rob and plunder.

In the lush, green forest, disciples of various sects were scattered everywhere, on guard against each other, snatching and fighting over the bamboo destroying grass growing there. With so many people present, it was unavoidable that friction would occur with the high occurrence of interactions. As such, this friction resulted in a small dispute.

“Have some shame, we were the ones who picked this first!”

“So what if you were first? If we want it, do you dare not give it to us?”

“You!”

The ones involved in the dispute were disciples from two sects who differed greatly. One sect was poor and humble, while the other was rich and famous. Against each other, those disciples that clearly were in the right now were at a disadvantage.

Just as the two sects clashed, disciples from other sects immediately withdrew a little, giving them enough space for a fight. Some were even happy to see such a scene, clapping their hands and inciting them to exchange blows.

Those disciples who had managed to collect the bamboo destroying grass looked warily at the other sect, unwilling to be the first to make a move. As for the sect who was trying to rob them of their gains, they were eager to use the weapons they had in their hands.

One of them was a disciple of a young age. How was he able to wait? With a swing of his arm, he aimed the whip in his hand towards them.

“Hurry up and hand over the bamboo destroying grass!”

Before the whip managed to land, a cry of surprise came from the audience.

At the same time, those who were standing in a circle and watching the dispute, suddenly fell into disorder. After the crowd pushed and heaved against each other, one person stumbled out from that circle.

It was a youth of about sixteen or seventeen years of age. His clothes were ragged, seemingly stained with spots of blood. Among his loosely bundled hair, a pair of half crescent shaped ears stood up, and behind him curled a long and slender tail.

The youth’s feet seemed to stumble, falling right in the center of where the fight was about to start.

He gave a whimper, and slowly looked up.