Chapter 7

From the moment Lin SuCi appeared until he sat down next to Yan BoShen, all eyes in the main hall had been bouncing around him, Qing Fou and Yan BoShen. This was especially so with the head of Mysterious Heart Sect and Dingye, who exchanged a look with each other.

Wang Lichen, who was sitting at the disciples area, was stunned when he saw Lin SuCi. After studying those ears and tail for a long while, he slowly matched Lin SuCi with the little kitty. His eyes brightening, he immediately shot Lin SuCi a grin.

Lin SuCi did not see it.

At that moment, he was looking down, sitting properly. His knees were together, his hands overlapping his knees, and his head was bowed down slightly. Only Yan BoShen’s thigh was within his vision.

This quiet image of the kitten was very deceiving. With that appealing and polite look, no one could have guessed this was a kitten who had just learnt to transform his appearance only a few days ago.

Yan BoShen shot a look at him.

The mouth of the cat-boy sitting next to him was curved up slightly. His eyes were lowered, and they glinted with warmth, and his face was tinted a shy pink.

This obedient look was very different from his usual vivaciousness in Cardinal Sect. Yan BoShen had never seen Lin SuCi with this manner before, and he could not help taking another look at him.

Lin SuCi’s long eyelashes fluttered. In the next moment, he seemed to feel something, and with a shiver, his eyes slowly looked up. His jade-green eyes met the eyes of Yan BoShen, and Yan BoShen’s face was distinctly reflected in those clear animal pupils.

Yan BoShen was slightly stunned, and his eyes turned away to avoid directly looking at Lin SuCi.

Lin SuCi watched him and kept silent.

There were too many people in the main hall. It was also someone else’s territory, not Cardinal Sect where he could be as unbridled as he liked. Lin SuCi could distinguish the appropriateness of the situation, so he only looked down, seemingly motionless. However, his hand, that was covered by his wide sleeve, secretly reached out to touch Yan BoShen’s palm and clutched it.

Yan BoShen’s hand froze, and he instantly looked at Lin SuCi.

Lin SuCi still maintained his obedient look, and under the table where no one could see, he persistently pulled Yan BoShen’s hand over to his arms.

Yan BoShen stiffened for a moment, then gradually stopped resisting, allowing Lin SuCi to drag his hand over.

“Is this Senior Uncle’s new disciple? How cute he looks!” As the focus of the celebration banquet, Dingye complimented Lin SuCi. Then, he changed his tone and chuckled, “However, he seems to not have… learnt the fundamentals of the sect?”

Lin SuCi kept that obedient smile on his face, and after hearing Dingye’s words, he gave a shy expression and slightly lowered his head. Still grabbing onto Yan BoShen’s hand, he spread his palm open and took the opportunity to draw some words on his hand.

Qing Fou replied lightly, “My disciple can already transform his appearance when he’s less than three months old. There’s still a long time before he’ll learn the fundamentals or other things.”

Dingye was slightly stunned. “… No wonder the little Junior looks so childlike and innocent. So he’s still a little baby animal. In this case, congratulations, Senior Uncle, little Junior is really talented.”

Qing Fou returned a few polite remarks, and from Lin SuCi, the head of the sect also started praising the other disciples of Cardinal Sect.

Lin SuCi did not care for their words, and busied himself with writing. The place where he was holding on to Yan BoShen had already heated up, and he even felt that the skin of Yan BoShen’s palm was about to be rubbed raw with his writing.