Chapter 25

Lin SuCi dared not offend his own official keeper. After being pulled off Yan Boshen and stuffed under the blanket, he hugged Yan Boshen’s arm and went to sleep.

It was quite a distance home. Fortunately, after travelling about a dozen days, they met up with Hui Lian and Ruan Linggu.

After seeing Lin SuCi, the two seniors were distressed by what their kitten had experienced. Along the journey, they tried their best to make it up to Lin SuCi, pretty much answering to his every demand.

With Hui Lian around, Lin SuCi’s belly bulged outwards with the amount of food he ate for the past dozen days. The weight that he had lost while breaking through to another level, Hui Lian nurtured it all back for him.

Back at Cardinal Sect, with sympathetic faces, Qing Fou and the others received a plump little kitten.

If not for the fact that he had nearly died after being captured by a savage beast, people would have thought that he had gone back to his grandmother’s place to be well taken care of.

Once Lin SuCi recalled his near death in Li Wen’s territory, he sniffled. Looking at Qing Fou with a tearful heart, he spread his arms out, about to give his master whom he had yet to see, and was nearly permanently separated from a big, long hug. Before he could even cry out to his master emotionally, the expressionless Qing Fou shot him a look.

“Come on, it’s time for your punishment.”

Lin SuCi froze in mid action.

In front of the fence, Yan Boshen had already walked past him. The other disciples were rubbing their hands in glee, laughing darkly, and Zhongli Haiming was the loudest.

“Master…” Lin SuCi’s emotional state vanished into thin air. With a quiver of his lips, he asked, “What does it mean to be punished?”

Xiao Lan and Zhongli Haiming had already went into the house to collect the tool used for punishment. Qing Fou stood in front of Lin SuCi with his arms crossed, studying him from head to toe.

“Do you know how anxious everyone was after you were captured by the ancient savage beast?”

Lin SuCi was aggrieved. “I’m still terrified now.”

Qing Fou looked exceptionally cold and merciless. “And your seniors aren’t terrified? They looked for you until they cried so much, and they nearly fought the people in Southern Shuge to death.”

“And your eldest senior…” Before Qing Fou could finish, Yan Boshen calmly swept his gaze over to them.

Qing Fou smoothly changed the topic.

“If you died out there, I would avenge you no matter what. However, you’re back alive, and so you should be punished properly as compensation for scaring your seniors.”

Lin SuCi turned obedient when listening halfway.

His lips moved, wanting to say something, but he swallowed it all back.

Actually, he had lived in Cardinal Sect for less than a year. Lin SuCi always felt that with regards to the relationships amongst these people, his relationship with them might not be as deep as the rest.

However, at this time, now that the sect leader wanted to punish him with an aloof face, Lin SuCi’s heart was unexpectedly stable.

“Ok.”

He was obedient, admitting to his mistake.

He would just endure it. Was it not just a beating?

Xiao Lan and Zhongli Haiming had already carried out the punishment tool.