Chapter 56

Before Lin Suci and Yan Boshen could drink a sip of water after their return, Ruan Linggu was already urging Yan Boshen to take her to find someone.

Her always peaceful face was now written with the phrase “either you die, or I die,” which made Lin Suci not dare to postpone her matters. He stood by the fence post obediently and waved to Yan Boshen.

“Master, what was going on?”

In the Cardinal Sect, it was almost the same as before Lin Suci left. Hui Lian was still teaching talismans, while Xiao Lan followed Zhongli Haiming to earn some income. There was only one master and Ruan Linggu in the sect. Once Ruan Linggu left, only both the mentor and mentee were in the sect.

Lin Suci sent away Yan Boshen and Ruan Linggu, and prepared a cup of tea before entering the room. He asked with a stern face, “Didn’t Fourth Senior Sister never left the sect gates a single step before? What forced her to take the initiative to go out?”

Qing Fou looked for a seat, leaned softly, and rolled his eye to Lin Suci, “Why are you caring so much about your senior sister?”

Lin Suci patted his chest, “As a junior brother, it is incumbent to care about my senior sister! In case Fourth Senior Sister is bullied, as a junior brother, I have to help her whenever I can!”

Qing Fou nodded, “Oh, you’re right.”

Lin Suci got up and filled a cup of tea for Qing Fou, contributed his snacks to his master, and said with a smile, “That’s why family members must know what happened, so that we can know how to help, right?”

“Well, I think it’s time to tell you this.”

Qing Fou knocked on the lid of the teacup and groaned.

“Before apprenticeship, your senior sister’s life was rather…” Qing Fou hesitated for a moment before carefully using his words,”She beat everyone she sees…”

Ruan Linggu went to the sect fifty years ago. Before she entered the Cardinal Sect fifty years ago, she killed people and did not pay for their lives. She was a dual cultivator who replenished her well-being through others’ vigor and blood essence.

Lin Suci’s chin almost dropped due to the fright, “What? Fourth Senior Sister was a… what?”

“A dual cultivator.” Qing Fou took care of Lin Suci’s young age and made it clearer, “It means relying on dual cultivation to collect Yin and nourishing the Yang.”

Lin Suci’s mouth twitched.

The Fourth Senior Sister of his sect… No matter how he looked at it, she would never have anything to do with dual cultivators, but since his master said so…

“Your senior sister was a bit powerful back then. There were a few male cultivators who did dual cultivation with her. Each of them was outstanding. They were the chief disciples of the big sects, and the new generation of leaders in the cultivation world. However, they actually fought each other just to win your senior sister’s favor…”

Fifty years ago, Ruan Linggu was still a female dual cultivator who was greedy and charming. Wherever she went, the female cultivators spurned her and the male cultivators would be head-over-heels for her. She made friends with many young lads, and asked them to voluntarily offer her cultivation bases, to be her servant, and to protect her in every possible way.